Friday, March 26, 2010

Bracket Blues


If I were a gambler, I'd be at the aid office, asking for a ticket back to my hometown. I would be (in other words) straight busted! Syracuse just lost to Butler. Not only that, but seemingly every team I've rooted for this March has lost... Villanova, Temple, Kansas... for crying out loud, Kansas! The President (who picked North Carolina as the eventual winner last year) picked Kansas to win it all and they got beat Saturday Night!

I wrote on my Facebook page just this past Sunday Night that Syracuse was my saving grace. Well, so much for that... Willie Veasley scored 5 of his 13 points during an 11-0 run down the stretch and the Bulldogs rallied to upset No. 1 seed Syracuse 63-59 last night in the West Regional semi-finals for their 23rd straight victory. The fifth-seeded Bulldogs (31-4) fought through Syracuse's vaunted zone defense and kept the Orange boys (30-5) from getting their fast break going most of the night.

Now, after reaching the regional finals for the first time in school history, Butler is one win from going home to Indianapolis for its first Final Four. Say it ain't so ma, say it aint so... Butler, in the Final Four?

Gordon Hayward scored 17 points and started the celebration, while dribbling out the clock after the Bulldogs forced Syracuse into its 18th turnover. Wes Johnson had 17 points and 9 rebounds for Syracuse, the second No. 1 seed to go down. Northern Iowa stunned top-ranked Kansas in the second round of the Midwest Regional just Saturday night, as I stated above.

There were some mild boos, but not as many as you'd think. When the score was announced at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, NY, where West Virginia beat Washington in the East Regional semifinals, that was me screaming... screaming all the way from Philadelphia!

So, I'm a man with no brackets. They are all shot to hell now. If I watch anymore so-called "March Madness", it's clearly just because I'm a basketball fanatic and it's pure entertainment... Which is the whole point of sports anyway, right? Not!

Have a great weekend everybody!

2 comments:

Arlene said...

AWWW! I'm out too! I do those brackets in the paper just for fun. I pick the winner by how much I like the school. I had Morgan as my overall winner! You know that's a laugh!! Have a great weekend, and look forward to spring. Soon Tiger will be back (another sport I don't watch) and the Williams girls will be winning Wimbledon. Now I love tennis, even played on the high school team. [OMG that was 40 years ago!!]

12kyle said...

Mannnn, i threw my bracket in the fireplace last week. My only solice is that I won't finish in last place. But is next to last any betta? LOL




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading