Monday, March 5, 2018

Congratulations Jordan Peele

I didn't watch the Oscars or Academy Awards last night...One reason was....I haven't seen (or heard of) any of the major pictures that was nominated...Maybe I can count that to old age...and okay, I did see one..Jordan Peele of Key and Peele 's masterpiece "GET OUT!"

Jordan Peele just made history. The first-time director of Get Out just became the first Black nominee to ever win the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay.

Jordan Peele is just the fourth person of color to be nominated in that category. Suzanne de Passe was the first (for Lady Sings the Blues in 1972), followed by Spike Lee in 1989 (for Do The Right Thing), and John Singleton in 1991, for Boyz n the Hood. I honestly thought that Spike Lee and John Singleton won for those categories...Guess I was mistaken..I haven't half watched the Academy Awards since I was a teenager..  You get tired of being angry of feeling snubbed after awhile.

The crowd inside the Dolby Theatre, clearly aware of the significance of Jordan Peele's win, gave one of the most enthusiastic reactions of the night as Peele, clearly emotional, went up to accept his award.

“This means so much to me," he said. "I stopped writing this movie about twenty times because I thought it wasn't going to work. I thought it was impossible. I thought no one would ever make this movie. But I kept coming back to it because I knew that if people let me make this movie then people would heart, and see it. I want to dedicate this to everyone who raised my voice, and let me make this movie."
As expected, Twitter ,Facebook and social media  also went wild in its praise, with celebrities like Chrissy Teigen and Zendaya chiming in alongside fans.

Very Happy for him....Let's pray that next next Ryan Coogler  and what appears to be the largest grossing picture of this year, BLACK PANTHER are there for the awards!~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading