Wednesday, June 8, 2022

What I've Learned(About Fatherhood and being a Grandfather)


 

1. After you've made your mistakes with your own child, you get to love your grandchildren and make up for all of those mistakes.


2.Children Teach you that you can still be humbled by life, That you can learn something new all the time,That's the secret to life after all. I love the sense of wonder in their eyes.

3. I never imagined myself being anybody's Grandfather or Father for that matter when I was a teenager..I couldn't see that far into the future.. I imagine, nobody does.

4. When you're a young man you don't give a damn about anything or anybody...When you become a Father, you're afraid about everything.

5.Children Learn from who and what you are...Not what you tell them.

6.My Advice to my daughter and my grandchildren... "Do the Best you can and then the hell with it. That's all you can do!

7. Basic Rule of parenting ,forgive everything!

8.The secret to relationships is never think you know it all, never think you've seen or heard it all.

9.I'm good with listening to my grandchildren's problems and giving advice. That's because I've had so many problems in life myself.

10.My Father used to drive around on Saturday and pay all of his bills in person.  I don't do that...but he did teach me, to pay all of your bills.


1 comment:

chele said...

Excellent lessons. Now that my son is a father he seems to be experiencing some of these same revelations.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading