Monday, June 24, 2013

Add Butter,Then place Foot In Mouth!

So, Unless you live under a rock or in one of Osama Bin Laden's now vacant caves in Afghanistan, you have no doubt heard about the latest controversy surrounding former Food Network cooking guru,Paula Deen...
And most morally upright decent Americans are outraged!!!

Every week most morally upright decent Americans are outraged!!! We are constantly outraged about something...We lead the world in outrage...


The Food Network said Friday it's dumping Paula Deen, barely an hour after the celebrity cook posted the first of two videotaped apologies online begging forgiveness from fans and critics troubled by her admission to having used racial slurs in the past.

The 66-year-old Savannah kitchen celebrity has been swamped in controversy since court documents filed this week revealed Deen told an attorney questioning her under oath last month that she has used the N-word. "Yes, of course,"Paula Deen said, though she added, "It's been a very long time."
The Food Network, which made Paula Deen a star with "Paula's Home Cooking" in 2002 and later "Paula's Home Cooking" in 2008, weighed in with a terse statement Friday afternoon.

"Food Network will not renew Paula Deen's contract when it expires at the end of this month," the statement said. Network representatives declined further comment. A representative for Deen did not immediately return phone and email messages seeking comment on the decision.
The news came as Deen worked to repair the damage to her image, which has spawned a vast empire of cookbooks, a bimonthly cooking magazine, a full line of cookware, food items like spices and even furniture.
She abruptly canceled a scheduled interview on NBC's "Today" show Friday morning, instead opting for a direct appeal via online video – one that allowed her and her staff complete control of what she said and how she said it.

"Inappropriate, hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable,"  Paula Deen said in the first 45-second video posted on YouTube. "I've made plenty of mistakes along the way but I beg you, my children, my team, my fans, my partners - I beg for your forgiveness."

Paula Deen adopted a solemn tone as she looked straight into the camera. Still, her recorded apology featured three obvious edits – with the picture quickly fading out between splices – during a statement just five sentences long.

It was soon scrapped and replaced with a second video of her talking unedited for nearly two minutes as she insists: "Your color of your skin, your religion, your sexual preference does not matter to me."
""I want people to understand that my family and I are not the kind of people that the press is wanting to say we are," Deen says in the later video. "The pain has been tremendous that I have caused to myself and to others."

She never mentions Food Network or its decision to drop her in either of her online videos.
Deen initially planned to give her first interview on the controversy Friday to the "Today" show, which promoted her scheduled appearance as a live exclusive. Instead, host Matt Lauer ended up telling viewers that Deen's representatives pulled the plug because she was exhausted after her flight to New York. Deen said in her video she was "physically not able" to appear.

Court records show Paula Deen sat down for a deposition May 17 in a discrimination lawsuit filed last year by a former employee who managed Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House, a Savannah restaurant owned by Deen and her brother, Bubba Hiers. The ex-employee, Lisa Jackson, says she was sexually harassed and worked in a hostile environment rife with innuendo and racial slurs.

During the deposition, Paula Deen was peppered with questions about her racial attitudes. At one point she's asked if she thinks jokes using the N-word are "mean." Paula Deen says jokes often target minority groups and "I can't, myself, determine what offends another person."
Deen also acknowledged she briefly considered hiring all black waiters for her brother's 2007 wedding, an idea inspired by the staff at a restaurant she had visited with her husband. She insisted she quickly dismissed the idea.

But she also insisted she and her brother have no tolerance for bigotry.
"Bubba and I, neither one of us, care what the color of your skin is" or what gender a person is, Deen said. "It's what's in your heart and in your head that matters to us"


Yeah, she supposedly used the so called "N" word...she said Nigger...okay,let's stop with the foolishness and on Facebook most African-Americans are OUTRAGED!!!!!  On Twitter most Afican -Americans are
OUTRAGED!!!  But none are outraged when Jay-Z, Kanye West,Little Wayne and you can fill in the blank
here, rapper, comedian, athlete whatever says the same word over and over again...No, we don't get angry over that, but we get bent out of shape over an old white woman from the deep south and of a certain generation that said nigger...Really?  Really? Why you mad? and more so...Why are you surprised???

The Food Network promptly said that they would not renew her contract when it expires...But guess what?
sometime next year when all you good people are OUTRAGED at someone else that the media programs you to be outraged about...They will quietly rehire Paula Deen and none of you outraged folks will do or say a damn thing about it...

Think Don Imus!!! A few years ago he called some young ladies on a Basketball team "Nappy Headed Ho's."  I thought that he was out of line and I called for his immediate dismisal..Then guess what ? Black comedian D.L. Hugely said the same thing and something worse a few nights later on CNN and no Black person said a thing...Not one word of protest! Crickets....Then Don Imus was rehired almost a year to the day of his being fired and not one word of protest was heard! Not One...Crickets!

I am about through with you niggers right now!  That's right I said it!  Some of yall say it too...Some of yall say it too much and yet you get all bent out of shape when a white person says it.


And I've heard and even argued that when we say nigger to each other it means something different ,it's not as vile as when THEY say it to us!.. Yeah..I argued that logic for years...but you know what...I have never heard a Jewish person say to another Jewish person..."What's Up my Kike?"  or a Puerto Rican say to another Puerto Rican -''Hey Spic, you crazy baby!"  or an Italian say to another Italian " Hey you Greaseball,I love you baby!" See where I'm going with this??... Only us..by Us..I mean African Americans...Only we call each other a name that was used to debase us....''What's up niggas? "  , "You niggas is drawn!..."That my nigga man!"..."That's my muhfuckin niggahhhh!"

Yeah!  But you all are so upset because this Old white woman may have said  nigger twenty years ago ,when you all say it to each other every day....I'm shaking my head.....See, Vile is Vile...I don't use the word...I haven't said that word since I was in my twenties....Not as a term of endearment...And if I'm called that today..I will go ballistic....It's a bad word...It's a hateful word...just like Kike, Spic, Greaseball and all of the other ugly names we call each other...They shouldn't be used by anybody...

If Paula Dean said Nigger and told inappropriate jokes years ago or even last year....I can forgive her ,if she wants forgiveness and realizes how foul she has been..,.What I can't forgive is hypocrites in both races...
Right about now...I'm about through with you niggas!


3 comments:

Arlene said...

Well cousin, don't be through with me! I abhor the word too, but I use it when I want to make my point in no uncertain terms. When I use it I want to be hurtful! I want to be mean! I want the hearer to be intimidated and fearfull and to know how angry I am. Growing up, our next door neighbor, a white man, called us the n word regularly. Then his wife would babysit us and treat us sweetly. He was mean, she wasn't, so we learned early on to look at actions and disregard color.
Now I use the word when needed. Like when the teens walk cars on my block; when they broke the side mirror on my car the second time; when music is blasting past 3 am and the unemployed 20-somethings are still playing basketball; when a man cusses his woman in the middle of the street; when a mother cusses her children in the middle of the street; when the "entreprenuer" on our block sells water ice from his porch and his customers eat on my steps and leave the ant-attracting trash! Should I go on?!?
Could Nana have been right? ML King should never have freed some of us. (TIC)

Sean said...

On point Keith....Wow! Tell us how YOU REALLY FEEL?-LMAO!

Anonymous said...

I'm a new reader and I COMPLETELY agree with what you wrote. I'm not mad at what Paula Deen said. Plenty of people, including us Blacks, say it all the time. Yes, Deen should not have said that. But we shouldn't say it too. So now we mad? I sure am not!

Sasha




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading