Saturday, November 10, 2018

Saturday 7- Seven Movies I intend to see

Haven't done one of these in awhile...


1. GREENBOOK-  Seems like Mahershala Ali has been popping up in all of my favorite pictures, "Hidden Figures", "Moonlight", et al and is said to be featured on the third season of HBO's "True Detective"  In "Green Book" he plays Jamaican Jazz Pianist Don Shirley in the unlikely story of an African American Musician and his Italian -American Driver and Bodyguard in the Jim Crow South of 1962.

2. IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK -Read the novel by James Baldwin years ago about  Tish, a newly engaged Harlem woman who races against the clock to prove her lover's innocence while carrying their first born child. It's a celebration of love told through the story of a young couple, their families, and their lives. Directed by "Moonlight" director, Barry Jenkins.

3. AQUAMAN- Okay...I'm a comic book nerd from way back...I always felt that Marvel's Sub-Mariner and D.C.'s Aquaman were never given justice on the big screen the way Batman, Superman, The Avengers,Spiderman et al were...So come December...I will be there front and center....

4.THE UPSIDE- I know, I know...It's the inter-racial buddy movie thing again....It's also the "Magic Negro" thing too...but come on Kevin Hart is in it...It's something new for him...A Drama...and he's a fellow Philadelphian...I gotta ride with my homeboy!

5.HALLOWEEN- Okay...I saw the first Halloween back in 1978, when Jamie Lee Curtis and I were both 20 years old...It's 2018 and Jamie Lee Curtis and I are both 60...Which means Micheal Myers must be 74...If Jamie Lee doesn't kill him in this movie...I'm afraid I'm going to have to do it...We runnin out of time Jamie Lee..

6.NOBODY'S FOOL- I love Tyler Perry....and I love Tiffany Haddish....Do I need a third reason to want to see this film?

7.THE GIRL IN THE SPIDERS WEB- If you loved the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I did, you've got to be curious about this...the second installment in the series.


No comments:




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading