Thursday, January 24, 2008

And on Another Day...

Politicians and so called economic "experts" tell us that we (the American public) are "headed for a recession one day". The next day, we are told that we are "already in a recession". And on another day, we are told that a "recesssion is sometimes necessary and that it is our economy's way of straightening itself out." I guess if this is so, then we all should just sit back, ride it out, and we'll all be the better for it. Of course, in that time we could lose our job, house, car, and the shirt off our backs. And mind you, I have seen some shirtless and homeless people walking around! We'll all be better for it because the economy will straighten itself out. I'll try to remember that when I'm living under the Ben Franklin Bridge.

Truth be told, I don't know which politician or expert to believe on any given day and I don't put too much faith in any of them straightening things out anytime soon. However, I do follow patterns and it seems that the economy goes bad everytime an incumbant president is about to leave office. And somehow or another, it does manage to turn itself around during the next president's administration... thus, making that person look like an "economic genius". So, maybe I won't panic... maybe I'll just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

And on another day...

No comments:




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading