Monday, January 14, 2008

The Best Years

Last night I watched my (soon to be two year old) grandson run up and down the hallway with wild abandon... laughing and screaming to the top of his lungs. I thought about how wild, wonderful, and fun the world must be to him right now. Everyday and everything is brand new to him... in a simple word, "fun". Remember when the world was fun?

Soon, my grandson will be called on to learn how to talk, read, write, add, and subtract. Sooner still, he'll be held accountable for his actions and he'll begin to leave a paper trail behind... (social security number, bank statements, utility bills, etc.). Soon and very soon, the world will not be as much fun. In fact, as he gets older, the less fun it will be... sad, but true.

I hope that my grandson enjoys this time the fullest. When I was just a little older than he is now, my parents always told me... "These are the best years of your life." Only now, do I truly understand what they meant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You said a mouth full sonny.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading