Friday, March 2, 2012

Goodbye and Good Riddance! (Andrew Breitbart)


1969-2012
I usually write these kinds of posts as tributes to people I admire who die...This is not one of these kinds of posts..Let me make that perfectly clear. There was nothing about this man that I admired.
On March 1,2012, shortly after midnight.. Andrew Breitbart, Conservative Activist, Blogger and Tea Party champion collapsed outside near his Brentwood house and died...

For those who don't know who this man is...let me tell you...He is exactly what I am...A Blogger and an Activist...The simularities stop right there...He was a rethuglican in the worst way and a darling of the dim witted Tea Party people.

I know it's not good to speak ill of the dead and usually I do not, but before I am taken to task...Let me say that this man couldn't even wait until Senator Edward Kennedy was in the ground before he got on Twitter and called the late Senator, who served this country for over 40 years a "vile piece of excrement."  He made cruel jokes about the man ,saying 'Rest in Chappaquidix"' I'm going to be a lot kinder to this prick in death than he was to many people in life.

You can disagree with people politically without making it personal and without using underhanded tricks to try and ruin someone's life . I have written my opinions in this blog for close to four years.  I have never slandered anybody and I have never attempted to cause any of the targets of my vitriol any personal harm or displeasure...All things that Mr. Breitbart did during his short career.

He was a disgrace to Blogging and Social Networking.On July 19, 2010, Breitbart posted edited and doctored videos of United States Department of Agriculture official speaking at NAACP fundraising dinner in March 2010. Breibart"s videos showed Sherrod admitting a racial aversion to helping a white man.



The videos led to Sherry Sherrod's dismissal from government service on July 19. Following criticism for taking Sherrod's words out of context, Breitbart posted the complete 40-minute video of the speech. After viewing the entire video, the NAACP said that the Breitbart's editing was deliberately deceptive, by leaving out that Mrs. Sherrod said her reluctance to help a white man was wrong and unworthy of her.
The NCAAP said Breibart had "snookered" them and they were reversing their rebuke of Sherrod. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack later apologized to Mrs.Sherrod and offered her a new job.

In 2011, Sherry Sherrod sued Breitbart for defamation. In response to the resulting controversy, Breibart said he never intended to show Sherrod to be a racist. Instead, his target was the NCAAP and how the audience's reactions to the speech proved that NCAAP was racist.



Andrew Breitbart was also involved in the 2009 ACORN video controversy. Hannah Giles posed as a prostitute seeking assistance while James O'Keefe portrayed her boyfriend, and clandestinely videotaped meetings with ACORN staff. Subsequent criminal investigations by the Brooklyn District Attorney's office and the California Attorney General found the videos were once again heavily edited and doctored in an attempt to make ACORN's responses "appear more sinister", and contributed to the group's demise. Breitbart then provided a forum for O'Keefe on his BigGovernment.com blog and defended his actions on Sean Hannity's Fox News Channel program. ACORN subsequently lost it's government funding anyway.



On May 28, 2011,Andrew Breitbart posted a sexually explicit photo on his BigJournalism Web site of New York Representative Anthony Weiner obtained through Weiner's Twitter account.  Anthony Weiner initially denied that he had sent a 21-year-old female college student the link to the photograph, but after questions developed, he admitted to inappropriate online relationships. On June 6, 2011, Andrew Breitbart reported other photos Weiner had sent, including one that was sexually graphic. On June 8, 2011, the sexually graphic photo was leaked after Breitbart participated in a radio interview with hosts Opie and Anthony, though Breitbart stated that the photo was published without his permission. Weiner subsequently resigned from his congressional seat on June 21, 2011.


Here are three examples of the type of mean spirited tactics this guy was famous for... A good friend of mine had this to say about his death  yesterday and it sums up how I feel about it- " I know we aren't supposed to celebrate anyones death. However, in lieu of all the attempts to sully Whitney Houston's name, I will just say that the world is a better place and journalism took a step toward credibility again now that this asshole is gone... Forgive me.Lord, but Andrew Brietbart was a shit bag. Have mercy on his soul..... Or not." That's exactly how I feel about this man...

I will close with a quote from my fellow blogger, activist and Philadelphian- "The Field Negro" who said-
"Honestly, for all of you people whose lives were destroyed by this despicable prick, I would love to join you for long slow waltz on his grave."

And that just about says it all for me!

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Sean said...

Okay Keith, Tell us how you REALLY feel about this guy! LOL!

James Perkins said...

Well written and I agree!

Samuel Bastion said...

Yeah, he was pretty dispicable!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

So tell me, When is Rush going to fall out?-LOL!

Brenda said...

What he did to Mrs. Sherrod was deplorable...I'm with you Keith..Goodbye and Good Riddance!

Swaggie said...

For all of The people whose lives were destroyed by this despicable prick, I would love to join you for long slow waltz on his grave."

Couldn't have said it better!

Captain Jack said...

Once Again, you are givin it to the people!

Anonymous said...

You're all communists...And don't erase my comments..I'm an American and I deserve to be heard!

Keith said...

Anonymous- You're an idiot and you don't deserve to be heard. I'm leaving your comment up to let people see how stupid you are!

James Perkins said...

LOL! Tell him Keith!

Arlene said...

Keith, I missed this. I see what happens when I skip a day of reading your insightful writings. On FB you were quite the gentleman. I know that we were raised to speak only pleasantries, but this guy...Well I won't type what I think of him. I like your expression.

Shall we dance???




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading