Sunday, May 19, 2013

Gatsby

I don't know what the critics...(The real movie critics) are going to say about this movie...They may cut it up, savage it.....but me...I have mixed emotions about it.

Yesterday ,My wife and I went to see "The Great Gatsby" in the movies with Leonardo Di Caprio and Tobey McGuire...I vaguely remember reading the book in college for an English class and having a spirited debate /discussion about the themes F.Scott Fitzgerald was trying to convey which basically is...You can remake yourself all you want, but you can't escape your past or who you really are... The movie worked okay for me...The music was kind of off putting...(Jay -Z scored the movie..) Hearing Hip Hop in the 20's felt kind of weird!

But, you know what I say...To each his/her own...I gave it a three out of a possible five.
Yes....This was actually in the movie! Go figure!

2 comments:

Rich said...

I went with my daughters the night it opened. The music you make mention of was odd and sort of humorous as well, but I loved the story. Never read the book, but I think I'll go see the movie again.

Hassan said...

I actually dug the movie and didn't mind a few subtle changes (like ten major things, but hey) and the modernization of the soundtrack to tell THIS version of the story. I should have taken a date, it was off putting being in the theater watching that film alone.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading