Wednesday, January 29, 2014

One Of My Favorite Bloggers

Today I had the pleasure of meeting one of my favorite bloggers....I won't use her government name in this format....But I will shout out her blog..."The F it List-"Throwin Mad shade since 197nunyah"  (http://www.randomnycsarcasm.net/)

You can tell by the title of her blog that she's got a great sense of humor and a wonderful way with words.....

I've been reading or I should say...We have been reading and commenting on each others blogs since around, 2008....When I first came into this blogging game...

Funny the way this game is...I met several like minded African -American bloggers during that time and we became a sort of cyber family...Folks Like Shelly Shell, Mizrepresent, 12Kyle, Eb The Celeb, The Original Glamazon,Southern Girl, The Karrie B. , Smarty Jones,The Field Negro, The Jaded New Yorker, Dollface, et al and many many others...We followed each others blogs and we followed each other to social media outlets like Twitter, Facebook, Pintrest and of course Instagram....

Even though I've communicated and talked to these people over the years like close friends...Sadly,I've never personally met any of them ....UNTIL TODAY!

The author of this great blog was here in the city of brotherly love at lunchtime today for a business meeting and informed me through Facebook that she was only a few blocks from me... I was able to take a subway ride to her destination and meet and have lunch with her...I found her to be just as down to earth in person as she is on her blog...

We talked about the blog community and how Facebook and Twitter has killed it...and she promised me that she is going to start blogging again...Which is why I posted the link to her blog,so you guys can read it and get the wonderful insight that I get from reading it...

I promised her that I was going to give her a shout out on my blog and I have..I hope she sees this .....

2 comments:

12kyle said...

I'm glad that you met her! I look forward to meeting her when I go to NYC later this year.

I've gotta make my way to Philly to meet you as well, fam. You're right about how the blogs used to be. You're one of the few that still do it every day! I respect that. I don't always comment but I always read!

Keith said...

Coming from you...That is the supreme compliments...I've always been a fan of your blog..Since day one!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading