Monday, January 27, 2014

So Unhip (and kinda proud of it....)

I am so unhip....That's why I didn't watch the Grammys...A majority of the artists nominated are artists I never heard of and I disagreed with a number of the people who won....

For instance...Macklemore and Ryan Lewis...How did they win best rap album of the year? Seriously?? They beat out Jay -Z, Drake, who had a fantastic album....Kendrick Lamar, another incredible album, and even Kanye West's Yeezus?? No way!!

Then these two beat Kendrick Lamar for best new artist!  Are you serious? Again I ask this...And don't ask me about Country and Western...I knew the artists, but hadn't heard them....Rock....I was mildly surprised...
Led Zepplin, David Bowie and Neil Young and Crazy Horse were nominated...(Led Zepplin Won) At least I know who they are...Those are Rock stars from my era...Glad to know they are still recording..

In R&B...Naturally,I did know all of the participants...Winner, Alicia Keys ,no argument there and runners up, John Legend, Chrisette Michelle and TGT (Tyrese, Ginuwine & Tank)  Had all of these CD's...

I was happy that Bruno Mars, an under-rated and often over looked talent won a Grammy and sad that the best dance song of last summer,Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines " won nothing.

Somebody tell me who Imagine Dragons,Lorde, Daft Punk,Kacey Musgraves and Queens of the Stone Age are... See..There was a time when I was hip to every artist and every genre....That was a time when there will record stores ,when you didn't rely on Target or Wall mart to get CD's...When MTV and VH-1 and BET still played music videos...

Now all I have is my radio...And my radio station plays only Classic R&B and Soul and a little bit of the contemporary R&B and Hip Hop...As a result, I miss a lot....

So see...There was no need in me watching the Grammys...I would have been lost...

1 comment:

Arlene said...

I'm with you cousin! Who are these people? Like the ones in the helmets? I could only think of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I saw them. I didn't really watch either. I flipped between the Pro Bowl and Downton Abbey. I was lucky to flip back in time to see our guy, your voice twin, Stevie Wonder, Pharrell and the mutant turtles. I'm a classic R&B girl. Re-Re, Gladys, and Patti are my girls.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading