Monday, September 21, 2015

REQUIEUM

I don't know how many of you read the comments on my blog .......but for those of you who did...You knew that a common and often very opinionated commenter went by the name "Arlene"....If you really paid attention to the comments...you probably figured out that she was my cousin...

She was one of the first commenters on this blog and it's biggest fan...my constant champion...This past Friday, sadly...she transitioned out of this life....I wrote this on my Facebook page Friday..

"My Heart is broken....My dear cousin Arlene..(Shown here in happier times with one of her sons) lost her battle with cancer this morning....I can't imagine a world without Arlene in it...I can't imagine a family gathering without her voice, without her saying prayer...I can't imagine anything right now...I know that she is no longer in any pain...no longer suffering....I'll miss you baby...Loved you dearly....Rest in Paradise! (Arlene Johnson - September 8, 1952- September 18 ,2015)

 You had to know my cousin Arlene.. She was a presence...One of those people with a personality and voice so big that you just had to notice...More Articulate than I could ever be....A kind and loving spirit who held the family together....

If you were her friend or more so, her relative and family member and you found yourself in trouble..More times than not,She would show up by your side fighting for you.

She was more than a cousin to me...She was like a big sister....She was one of my wife's bridesmaids even...That's the kind of person she was.

I could say a lot more but I can't right now. You do understand....

Words can't say, No words I write can tell you how much I'll miss her...How I still can't believe she's no longer with us...

This Blog just won't be the same without her comments...

REST IN PEACE DEAR,DEAR COUSIN!


2 comments:

Newy said...

My condolences to you and your family for your recent loss. RIP to your cousin Arlene.

Crystal said...

Keith, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I remember reading her comments, she was a spitfire but she wrote so eloquently...much like yourself. I know your heart is heavy. Prayers for peace and comfort for your family. RIP Arlene.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading