Sunday, April 7, 2019

The Lure Of The Rogue


So I had to put my car, A Nissan Maxima (Car pictured on bottom) in the shop for a few days...They had to keep it overnight because they needed to order some parts...

This was Wednesday.. They gave me a loaner...The Car pictured(On Top)...a 2019 Nissan Rogue....

(My dealership is good like that) One of my cousins said-'It's a set up man." He was right...Naturally, I fell in love with the new car smell...It had Sirrus on it, so I'm listening to a new station with new R&B and Hip Hop...The weather is nice and I've got my sunglasses on and driving everywhere ,looking like Quincy Jones...I was gonna say with my hair blowing in the wind...but I shaved my head bald a few weeks ago, so that's not happening...not yet..


I'm loving the car...But alas.. They called me Friday and told me my car was ready and I had to bring the loaner back...I did so....and no sooner had the guy gave me the keys to my Maxima, he goes..."You liked that Rogue didn't you? It drives smooth don't it?" he said, looking and sounding like Satan... I smiled and said.." Yeah." He goes..."Come talk to me in awhile...I can put you in that....For real brother...I can do that." I felt like a girl being hit on for a second...I said "I'll think about it" and pulled off.. WDAS FM was playing The Temptations. "Don't Let The Jones Get You Down" and Dennis Edwards voice boomed out of my speakers... "Your Car Might be Old...but remember...It never failed to get you where you wanted to go...OHHHH!" I smiled and pulled off down the highway..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are the kinds of posts you used to do when this blog first started...What a refreshing and welcome return!

Dez said...

That’s how they got me to part with my ever so faithful Nissan Maxima! I must admit I do love the Rogue.

Tate 2 said...

Almost got you!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading