Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What The Hell?


This is the second installment of my new recurring post. I started this post just for things that make you scratch your head. I didn't make this up. I'm a pretty imaginative writer, as those of you who read my other blog, Escapades, probably know... but, I'm not this imaginative.

A 59-year-old dairy farmer in upstate New York has killed 51 cows in his Copake barn with a rifle and then shot himself dead. Dean Pierson was found dead by a neighboring farmer, who then called 911. A trooper who responded and came to the scene found the victim and 51 cows dead inside their milking stalls.

Only milking cows were killed. There were heifers (no smart remarks, please) and calves in the barn that were not shot. Investigators of the bizarre case have yet to determine the reason for the suicide and mass cow killing. Neighbors of Pierson later dug a large trench near the barn and buried the dead cows there. They did not want to comment on the incident, saying they leave it to the suicide victim's widow and the police to do the talking.

Yes, and if she can come up with a logical reason for this, I'd like to hear it. I'm still scratching my head!

3 comments:

Arlene said...

See?? This is why health care is so important! Mental health is a major part of our need today.

Sean said...

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Angel said...

Im sorry the post and then the comments had me laughing lol!!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading