Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Smear Is On (More from Ferguson)

The more I read about the situation in Ferguson, the more angry,frustrated and totally dis-illusioned I am becoming...Some idiot Police Commander put up a post saying that this man, Ron Johnson, the state policeman assigned to take over and restore order in Ferguson was shown throwing up gang signs...Immediately, other idiots...Most of them white,I hate to say who know nothing about Black culture and don't care to began echoing the same sentiments...Without getting any facts.

Nothing could be further from the truth...

Missouri Highway Patrol Captain Ron Johnson,shown in the photo above, the highway patrol captain placed in charge of security in Ferguson Missouri, was photographed making hand signs that some quickly thought were gang signs. The thing is, they were actually hand signs for the black fraternity Johnson has been part of, Kappa Alpha Psi.The same Fraternity that I am also a member of and have been a member of for some 34 years...

The Washington Post's Soraya Nadia McDonald in a post published early on Wednesday pointed out that the hand signs Johnson had been making in photographs some thought were gang signs were actually fraternity hand signs.
Soraya wrote:
To reiterate: Capt. Johnson is a member of Kappa Alpha Psi, a black fraternity that was formed in 1911 at Indiana University in Bloomington, and the hand sign you see in the pictures below is a Kappa greeting. The Kappas are part of the Divine Nine or the National Pan-Hellenic Council, the nine historically black fraternities and sororities that include Delta Sigma Theta, Alpha Kappa Alpha, Alpha Phi Alpha, Omega Psi Phi, Phi Beta Sigma, Zeta Phi Beta, Sigma Gamma Rho and Iota Phi Theta, none of which are gangs.

The idea that Johnson was actually displaying gang signs seem to have been rooted in a CNN iReport post that, as the Post points out, seems to have been taken down. But the idea that Johnson was a member of the Bloods or some other gang still gained momentum on Twitter.

By Wednesday though people started to point out the confusion.

This type of thing is done on purpose....The people that print these half truths know what they are doing...They have no value at all for that kid's life..(.or that man's life...)They could care less about his parents...All they care about is protecting that cop, even thought they know his story doesn't make sense.....

Think about it...For the sake of an argument...Say I just boosted some stuff from a store...What is the last thing I'm going to want to do?   Answer-Have any kind of confrontation with a police officer....

They want you to believe that Mike Brown lost his damn mind last week..He stole some cigarellos and on a humbug his next move was to grab an officer and try to take his gun from him and to pummell him....Where would the thought come from that that was a good idea enter anyone's mind?

They don't even care that this story makes no sense...They know that a great majority of non-thinking people will believe this...They always believe the worst about black males...

I'm personally tired of this horse shit...That's right..I said it... This situation makes me cuss more and more everyday....(And I promised my mother after I retired from the military that I was going to clean my mouth up of that bad habit I picked up...) but I can't help it...If you have any common sense...There is no way that this situation doesn't outrage...

There are many out there who could give a damn about my life, but my life certainly means something to me..I certainly give a damn about it, whether they do or not...There are entirely too many Mike Brown's ,Eric Garners, Jordan Davis's, Trayvon Martins...and I could go on...The next one might be just 28 hours away...

And those they don't outright kill, They smear and kill their reputation like they did my frat brother....No one is safe...

I'll stop right here...I'm cussin mad....What I write next, wouldn't be printable or very nice!

No comments:




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading