Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Another Word From Our Sponser


Make Sure you read the words in the above photo carefully.....Make sure you understand!

This was written by the man in the photo- Andrew Hawkins...If you're not a sports fan and a football fan,I don't expect you to know who he is...Andrew Austin Wyatt Hawkins is a football player ,a wide receiver for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League..

The Police departments of Ferguson,Missouri and Cleveland ,Ohio are up in arms about the fact that he and several African-American athletes in both the NFL and NBA have been showing their support  of the mounting protests of police brutality and the murder of young black men recently...

This shouldn't just be about Black and White...this should be a human rights issue...but read the words...This is what he had to say in response to their protest of him exercising his first amendment rights...To free speech and expression...

 
"To clarify, I utterly respect and appreciate every police officer that protects and serves all of us with honesty, integrity and the right way. And I don’t think those kind of officers should be offended by what I did. My mom taught me my entire life to respect law enforcement. I have family, close friends that are incredible police officers and I tell them all the time how they are much braver than me for it. So my wearing a T-shirt wasn’t a stance against every police officer or every police department. My wearing the T-shirt was a stance against wrong individuals doing the wrong thing for the wrong reasons to innocent people. Black Lives matter."

I couldn't write or say this any eloquently than what this brother just said.

You know...A lot of people get mad when certain people exercise their rights to free speech and expression in this country....and the same people get mad and hide behind their right to free speech when THEY get called on the carpet for something THEY said....

I've heard some trolls on the internet and social media say that they are "tired" of Black people playing the victim card and screaming racism.....

Well...I'm tired of BEING A VICTIM and living under racism...You're tired of hearing about it...Try living under and being a victim of it...Not just brutal acts...but institutional and cultural racism that is so ingrained in our society that none of us...It's victims and it's perpatrators even notices just how much it affects us.

7 comments:

Sean said...

1st Amendment rights. It was his opinion (and the right one at that). Sickening that some of those corrupt officers want him punished for exercising his rights

Brian said...

His interview was pretty awesome. So well spoken and heartfelt.

Anonymous said...

Why is my opinion not heard??You have deleted me seven times...I am damn sick of it...You Communist son of a bitch! I AM AN AMERICAN AND I DEMAND TO BE HEARD!

Vanessa said...

The police shouldn't really be so butt hurt over what an athlete wears and instead be more concerned how the reputations of the police are being damaged by a group of rogue asshole cops.

Grover Tha Playboy said...

When cops quit covering for the bad ones then maybe they can get respect.

Sunflower said...

Be very proud of yourself, sir. Great explanation of your actions. I agree no apology is necessary...your child is fortunate to have you as his father!

Angie B. said...

Sure is funny when you demonstrate your RIGHTS and it pisses some people off....!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading