Monday, December 8, 2014

I Can't Breathe

Every day now I sit and I wonder just how the mind of conservative White Americans work...I'm talking about the type who get all of their news and facts from FOX News, Rush Limbaugh,Sean Hannity and their ilk...

Just how do they think?

Why is it that I as an African-American and they can look at the film footage of Eric Garner and see two different things?   I see a man being taken down by the police who actually was not posing a threat and who did not throw a single blow and they see a big black scary boogey man who was breaking the law and deserved to be killed by the police officer...

I know they saw that he was outnumbered  five to one ...and I know that they saw after he was down, an over zealous cop put a headlock on this guy, while another cop had his knee on his head...

I know they heard the man say eleven times...ELEVEN TIMES..."I can't breathe, I can't breathe, I can't breathe...I can't breathe, I can't breathe, I can't breathe..I can't breathe...I can't breathe, I can't breathe,
I can't breathe......I   cant.......................................................................................................................
breathe!"

But that was of no consequence to them....You know of course how tricky those people can be!!.....

They still saw a big scary black boogey man...

What they didn't see....and this is important now is...a human being....

They didn't a husband...He had a wife...They didn't see a father...He had children....They didn't see a grandfather...He had grandchildren....

All Eric Garner was , was a scary black man who was breaking the law by selling loose cigarettes on the street who did not obey the officer and who lost his life because he did not obey...

You know I even heard some idiot State Senator from New York say that Eric Garner died because he was "obese and out of shape..." How bout he died because his windpipe was blocked and his chest compressed??? How about that??

Doesn't matter now....Once again a predominately white grand jury has refused to indict a police officer for whatever reason....

I wonder how this would have gone down had Eric Garner been white ,under the same circumstances and a bunch of Black officers had done this to him?

I don't even have to speculate....They would be under the jail by now!

That jury would have seen a human being...One of their own...brutalized by some scary black men in uniform.

I think if Eric Garner had been white and the same officers were involved...They still would have at least been indicted.

Every now and then I listen to Right Wing Radio and I glance at Fox News...for as long as I can stand it...I heard some idiot say that the racial tensions we have is President Obama's "plot to divide US as a nation." 

I think they would blame the Ice Age on President Obama if they could, but most of them are so stupid they have probably never heard of the Ice Age....but I digress....

A plot to divide US as a nation?  Like we were ever a truly united nation to begin with? Really?  When I heard that..I had to laugh and then turn the station...

Some people actually think that we had no race problems until Barack Obama became President....No..Nobody was talking about race that much until he became President...People weren't arrogantly and boldly showing their racism the way they unashamedly do now until he became President and some of you white people lost your freakin minds....No..they weren't..but we've had a race problem....We've had one since the first African slaves arrived in this country to work for free......Talk about taking handouts...

This country was built on the enslavement of the African and the near genocide of the Native American or "Indian" as they like to call them....We've had a race problem.....It's always been the elephant in the room that nobody wants to acknowledge until Ferguson happens, Until Trayvon Martin happens,Until Eric Garner happens...

Some people say...Oh get over it...This is Post Racial America..Why are you guys always pulling the race card?  I'm tired of hearing about racism....

As Jon Stewart said...If you're tired of hearing about it....Just imagine how the victims of it are tired of living it?

This race thing depresses me and angers me so much at the same time that-

"I can't breathe"

1 comment:

George S. said...

Excellent Commentary!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading