Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Driven To Distraction


Do you know what a distraction is? A distraction is anything that breaks your focus, anything that takes your mind off of what it's supposed to be on.

The American people can continue to be distracted by what Geraldine Ferraro said a week ago, what Obama's pastor said in his sermon, gay marriage, flag burning, and whatever other non-issue is brought out to keep your mind off of what is important. And, do you know what's going to happen? In 2012, we will still be in Iraq, people will still be losing their homes, kids will still be going to sub-standard schools, jobs will still be vanishing, and the American infra-structure will still be crumbling. Nothing will have changed and it will be business as usual.

Aren't you tired of that? Aren't you tired of being distracted? Don't we deserve more, regardless of who we choose to vote for in this election? I, for one, think so!

Footnote: Do you know what is about to happen to the person who is being distracted in the above cartoon? Do you even know which person is being distracted? If not, look again... and, I rest my case.

3 comments:

Arlene said...

On the mark, again, my cousin! While folks wrestle with prophetic words from a liberation theology preacher, the points Rev. Wright was making could get lost. We old folks know and understand why Rev. Wright would scream "God Damn America." I remember segregation and the implementation of integration all too well. I still hurt from my youthful experiences with hate. In 4th grade, 10th grade and just 7 years ago at a PA university, I felt the slap of racism. I must think differently now. I'm really trying to forgive and so should others. Let's wake up and focus. Change America!! Soon. No more distractions.

ZACK said...

Yes sir! In fact, I'm distracted right now from doing some post-class reading after another boring 3 hour class tonight.

But everything you said was true.

I have to bump somebody off my blog roll to make room for you.

This blog is the TRUTH, my man!

Ann Brock said...

@Zack don't go bumping me off.
@Arlene I agree co-sign with you on this.
@Keith you got a nice blog and a beautiful family. I post on young Zacks blog alot and thats were I found your link.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading