Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Bait & Switch

PhillyGasPrices.com

Last week, I filled my car up at the gas station. I paid $ 3.54 a gallon. I put ten gallons in the tank and paid a total of $ 35.40. That's the most I've spent since I got the car in 2004. Back then, it cost me about $ 20.00 for the same amount of gas. Now, I hear that our wise leaders are considering giving us an 18 cent break at the pump. The possible suspension of the gas tax until after Labor Day. This means I'll pay $3.36 a gallon, which is what it was about two weeks ago.

This sounds like the old con-game of bait and switch... a ploy to help get somebody elected. I heard one presidential candidate say that "this was a way of giving the American people a break." Really? You have big oil companies making billions every quarter (probably the only real growth industry in America) and they think that a measly eighteen cents is giving the people a "break"?

This is my problem with these people (the greedy oil companies)... they are beyond arrogant. They are patronizing, they think the common man is stupid, and even if the common man is smart enough to know what they are doing, they really don't care because they feel they are beyond being touched at this point.

I don't know if any of the three candidates can fix this... it took a long time for the oil barons to get to this point of unbelievable profits and it will take just as long to cut them down to size. I don't even know if that's in anybody's game plan.

No comments:




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading