Monday, June 4, 2012

What I've Learned




1. Sometimes ,Less really is more.

2. You have to dismiss the loudness of haters and critics, because the hate and the criticism is almost definitely going to come...You can make bank on it!

3.I was pretty good at math in school until Algebra...I could add and subtract and multiply and divide with the best of them....but the concept of negative numbers and alphabets kind of ruined it for me...Have any of you ever added or subtracted a negative number?  I doubt it.

4. If you want a job and you're not as good as the next guy or as talented, then you have to work harder and longer than the next guy...be willing to come in earlier and work a little later... "Good" people often take their talent for granted and hell, there are little , but important things that have to be done.

5.It's Funny....Today, people can name every player on a basketball or football team and because of social media (Facebook, Twitter,Blogging, Tumbler) and Reality TV, tell you intimate details of their lives...But yet they can't see how badly they are being taken advantage of by the government and other powers that be in their own lives.

6. When I was a child..My mother's generation and my grandparents used to instill in me that a new world was opening up and that I would be able to do wondrous things that they didn't get the opportunity to do..
I looked at the world with so much hope and anticipation......Sadly, I don't feel as if I can tell my grandchildren the same thing.

7. At the end of the day...I am just happy to take my shoes off and walk barefooted in my house from one room to another...Crazy, but that's true!

8.The things I write are not for the intelligenstia...I write for the guy( or girl) standing on the street corner, who doesn't normally read, but is happy that somebody was thoughtful enough to write something short and sweet for them that they can get next to.

9.Amazing that it took me so many years to learn how to put some money away after a hard week of work and not blow it on something I don't really need.

10. I'm a simple man really...I don't ask for much, but the little I do ask for, I expect to get!



Peace!

1 comment:

Big Mark 243 said...

Number 7 hit home for me. Whether it is from a random decision to walk through my apartment in my BVD's (which does NOT happen often), or getting up and going to the store at 1 o'clock in the morning (why? Cause I am grown and I can!!), it is really the simple things that mean the most to me!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading