Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Who is this Yoho?

Guess this is my week to pick on Republicans...If you don't know who this man is in this photo it's really no great loss...What it is is amazing that someone actually voted for him...Amazing still that he actually won an election... Then again...he is from the great state of Florida....Which says a lot.

This is Represenative Ted Yoho, Republican of Florida...A real yoyo....

There was a fair amount of coverage the day before yesterday of Rep. Ted Yoho (R-Fla.) arguing that the Affordable Care Act is somehow "racist" because it includes a tax on tanning salons. Yes...He actually said this on the floor of Congress two days ago.

By Represenative Yoho's reasoning, since white people tend to be the only ones paying the tanning tax, it's fundamentally discriminatory. Really Ted? There are serious issues to discuss and you hang up the congressional floor with this nonsense??  Really man?

Represenative Yoho told his constituents, "I thought I might need to get to a sun tanning booth so I can come out and say I've been disenfranchised because I got taxed because of the color of my skin."

 And while this seemed excessive, even by House Republican standards, there was something else Yoho told his constituents that also struck me as noteworthy.

Check this out-Speaking at a town hall meeting earlier this month, Florida Republican congressman Ted Yoho promised that he would support possible birther legislation floated by Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX), (another idiot) ,telling the audience that after learning about a potential birther bill from Stockman while attending a Tea Party meeting, he called the congressman and agreed to back it.
"The issue of President Obama's birth certificate was a distraction from topics like the national debt, but I'm hopeful that a birther investigation could bring down the whole government  if it is true, it's illegal, he shouldn't be there and we can get rid of everything he's done,  I agree with that." he said.

So, let me understand this now.... It's the summer of 2013, 2013 mind you and we still have elected congressional Republicans talking publicly about the birther conspiracy theory? We're still not past this in some far-right circles? We have an elected figure holding up the congressional floor with talk about a tanning salon tax??

My God...These folks are so out of touch with the average citizen that it is criminal...

  I said on Saturday that it's becoming very difficult to see congressional Republicans as a serious governing party. The evidence to bolster what I said is what I wrote right above...This lingering nonsense.

No comments:




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading