Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Barbershop Of My Youth


I Went back to the barbershop in my old neighborhood this morning...I was telling the barber that his father used to cut my hair when I was a little kid and that I used to fall asleep while my hair was being cut and he used to pop me behind the ear with this long silver comb he had and go.."Come on boy, you here to get a hair cut ,not to sleep.."

Which was how I got another of my many nicknames...''Sleepy"

He used to call me "Sleepy Nelson"(Don't ask where the Nelson came from!)

"You the sleepiest boy I ever known." he'd say...

He cut my hair the day before I left to attend Shippensburg State College...He cut my hair before I left to go to Air Force boot camp and he cut my hair the final time, two days before I got married, which was also the same year he died..Those were good times...Glad to see his son...Who is only about five years younger than me is still running the shop!

No comments:




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading