Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Last Hours of Sandra Bland

I wrote about Sandra Bland on Monday ("The Mysterious Death of Sandra Bland") and I keep going over the circumstances of her death and I can't wrap my head around any of the circumstances that lead to her death..

An exasperated Sandra Bland left what is now a haunting voicemail on her friend's phone shortly after seeing a judge.
"I'm still just at a loss for words honestly at this whole process," Bland said on the message obtained by KTRK Radio. "How did switching lanes with no signal turn into all of this, I don’t even know."she said.

The 22-second voicemail left July 11, is the latest piece of the puzzle that is still unclear as to how 28-year-old Sandra Bland went from being arrested during a traffic stop on July 10 to being found dead in a Waller County, Texas jail cell some 3 days later. Sandra Bland was in the process of moving to Texas to take a job at her alma mater Prairie View A&M University when she was stopped for allegedly failing to use a traffic signal when switching lanes.

I have never known anyone to be arrested for this...At best they were given a ticket or a warning...In fact...I've never seen anyone pulled over for this... Cops up here in this city have too much else to concern themselves with...

According to KTRK radio, Sandra Bland told her friend that she was "able to see a judge" and that her bail had been set at $5,000. The news station notes that this was one of three calls she made that day. Sandra Bland also called her sister Shante Needham, who notes that her sister was aggravated at the incident and the way it had been handled by police.

"She was very aggravated," Ms. Needham told reporters at a news conference earlier this week. "She seemed to be in pain."

Sandra Bland reportedly told her sister that police might have fractured her arm during the arrest. She added that her bail was set and Needham added: "I told her I would work on getting her out."

And now she's dead... She certainly didn't sound like someone who had lost all hope...Just someone who was aggravated...The more I hear about this case..the more murky it becomes..

The third call was placed to a bail bondsman.

According to CNN, on the morning of July 13, Sandra Bland asked to make a phone call 8 a.m. There is no record of Bland ever making the call. Around 9 a.m., Sandra Bland was found hanging in her jail cell.

Something smells to high hell here...I'm glad the FBI and The Texas Rangers are both investigating this...I hope they put all responsible persons behind bars where they belong...

This can't keep happening and it can't keep being covered up and white washed(pun intended ) by the so called authorities...

You're not going to make me believe that this girl killed herself...And it's not because I'm Black and she was Black... If this was ANYBODY...regardless of race...I wouldn't believe this horse shit!

2 comments:

Sasha said...

I've been following your blog for a few years now. This story is just so sickening!!!
I hope to comment more on your posts. Blessings from Jacksonville, Florida

Anonymous said...

I have never read your blog until this morning ,I agree with your bullshit verdict on Sandra's case,I hope the truth comes to light and expose this blatant coverup and the people that are involved.
RIP Sandra.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading