Friday, February 29, 2008

R.I.P. George "Buddy" Miles (1947-2008)


I was deeply saddened to learn of Buddy Miles' death yesterday. He was one of my favorite drummers/musicians. There is a generation of people who only know him as the voice of the "California Raisins" commercials ("I heard it through the Grapevine"). But, to true music fans like myself, I remember The Electric Flag Band, his work in Band of Gypsys with Jimi Hendrix, and his own band, The Buddy Miles Express ("Them Changes"). The music world will mourn his passing.

No comments:




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading