Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Citizen Keith


Today, I exercised my right to vote. I was at the polls at 7:00am when they opened. I was surprised and delighted to see the huge crowd at the polling place (usually, it's me and a couple of old people). But, this morning I saw young people, some voting for their first time, and their parents. It was a good feeling. I felt a sense of purpose, a sense of community that has long been missing. Some people had the presence of mind to bring coffee... I guess they knew that they would be there for awhile.

Today the eyes of the nation is on the Pennsylvania Primary. It is said that if Obama wins, it could mathematically mean the end of the campaign for Hillary. Yet, if you watch CNN and MSNBC... it looks as though Hillary may win this state. It's funny how the reality in the streets and what you see on TV never seems to match up. On the streets in Philadelphia, it feels like Obama could very well pull an upset. I realize that this is just my small pocket of the world and I don't know how the rest of the state is going but, even if she does win, it's not going to be the landslide that was originally predicted. Of course, tomorrow we'll know the answer... the smoke will have cleared by then.

This is Citizen Keith, reporting from the ground in Philadelphia, PA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keith, I had almost the same experience. I rode by my polling place this morning at 7 a.m. and saw a LINE outside. Could it be that West Philadelphians are voting?? I have to go back after work to vote. What's awakened Philly? Is our bitterness showing? Are we showing America that we are tired of the "same _hit, different day" ways of the Democrat Party? Do we know where our help really comes from?
p.s. I guess you're now a part of the "couple of old people" at your polling place. (HaHa, you're in the club. Vev is the president!!
Arlene, who can't remember her password!!!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading