Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday Seven (7 Random Facts About Me)


1. I have actually met two U.S. Presidents: Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan. Unfortunately, I didn't vote for either one of them.

2. Before I met my wife, there was another girl that I asked to marry me and she told me "No". Today, she has yet to marry and she has told me that now she wishes she had taken me up on my offer. Unfortunately for her, even if I was single now, I doubt that I would marry her. I'm just so past that moment with her.

3. As a small child, I often dreamed that one day I would rule the world.

4. When I was in the 5th grade, a love note that I wrote to a girl in my class was intercepted. It read... "If Hitler fell in love, then why my dear can't we?" My Jewish teacher didn't find it at all amusing but, she told my grandmother (who was mortified) that I had an "interesting imagination" and that it was an indication that I had some kind of untapped talent. After all these years, I'm still trying to figure out what that talent is...

5. I was stopped by the police three times in one day on the same street because I fit the description of someone who was snatching purses. They eventually caught the suspect, who was about an inch shorter and outweighed me by a good 20 pounds but, he was an African-American male about my age.

6. Pancakes is my favorite breakfast food.

7. When I first met my wife, the first thing I noticed about her was her big pretty eyes. You thought I was going to say something else, didn't you? Shame on you!

Have a great weekend, everybody!

20 comments:

Shorty said...

My hubby noticed my big pretty eyes first, too! Then something else next, I'm sure. But, he won't admit to that. I think he says my voice came in second. Yeah, right.... You boys are all very similar! : ) I enjoyed the post today very much! Couldn't bring myself to steal from you two Saturday's in a row, so my Saturday post is a little adventure you'll have to stop by and check out. Have a great day!

Beautifully.Conjured.Up said...

I'm amazed at #4...out of all the things to say in a love note, you wrote that...I think your talent is writing, and since you have a great imagination, I think you should look into script writing...just a thought.

♥ CG ♥ said...

Hey Keith. How'd ya meet Ford & Reagan?

ROFL @ ruling the world...that's the Aires in ya ;-).

Me said...

Of all the teachers to catch that note...wow! That is pretty funny!!! I bet you were quite a kid! Oh...and my hubby said the first thing he noticed were my eyes as well...he later said it was because I was sitting down. MEN!

Brothers Blog said...

lol @ #3 I think Kurtis Blow had the same dream.

@#4 that's a hell of a come on line. lol

LadyLee said...

Real men notice the eyes!

And I can't imagine you snatching purses! It's a wonder they stopped you so much!

Great post... You always tell a good story, then on top of that you let us in on more!

The Dreamy One said...

awwwwwhhh at you loving her eyes. how sweet.

the police are something else I tell you. i know cause I work with some ignorant ones.

yeah God places the person you are supposed to be with in your life.

dang u have had a fun and interesting life. i am so jealous of you,lol

have a great weekend also

Keith said...

@SHorty-lolol
@Beautifully Conjured Up- Thanks,it is something I have pondered.
@I was at the Army-Navy Game here in 1974- When I was 16 and I walked right past President Ford and his entourage..
In 1982, When I was 24...Again at the Army-Navy Game, I saw Reagon..If I'm lucky I'll meet Barack.

@Lady Lee and Dreamy-Aww, Thanks

Anonymous said...

Lol-This was mad funny Keith!

Anonymous said...

lmbao @ U Keith

Anonymous said...

I've heard guys say some lame lines
but "If Hitler fell in love, why my dear can't we?" Would've gotten me-If for no other reason,it's originallity.

Anonymous said...

Was it really the eyes?

Anonymous said...

Just asking...Good Post, I found it very humorous.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the brothers blog, #4
was a hell of a come on line-lololol...

and tell the truth, was it just the
eyes Keith? lmao...

Anonymous said...

I enjoy these peeks into the bloggers inner life.

Anonymous said...

Love the Saturday "Seven"

#4 was a riot....

Anonymous said...

That's right Keith, tell em it was their pretty eyes..That's how a true playa roles...lolololol...

That love note was off the chain..lmao at you...

Anonymous said...

I love this blog..it's such a warm
and friendly vibe on this page.

Mizrepresent said...

Love the 7 randomness...i must do this some day.

Anonymous said...

Just got over to this post..I'm late as all get up,but I liked this.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading