Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Family Reunion 2011


Greetings from Memphis, Tennessee!
Friday, July 8th - Sunday, July 10th
(That's me in the back on the far right....only time you'll see me on the far right of anything-lol....We had a great time..fellowshiping, dining and touring historic Memphis...We of course made trips to Beale Street and sampled their famous Barbecue....I'm ashamed of myself , the way I ate on this trip..LOL! We went to the Civil Rights museum as I mentioned yesterday and we went to the Stax Museum and Graceland.  (Yes..I've seen Elvis's gravesite.!!) I also took a ride on the mighty and muddy Mississippi river!! The highlight of course has to be the great cuisine ...Which I will talk about in a future blogpost and possibly on another blog. It was great seeing my many relatives from around the U.S. A. , but like they say..There truly is no place like home. I am truly glad to be back...Don't think I'll eat any ribs or pulled pork sandwiches for awhile.............................





We were in Memphis, The Home of Stax Records and Southern Soul...Hope you enjoy these samples of music recorded in Memphis during it's hey dey in the sixties and seventies.Soul Classics All!










2 comments:

Jazzy said...

This is great music man, glad you all had a safe and happy reunion!

Unknown said...

Please for humanity's sake please do it once
I have made a blog at blogger.com Since i have added a google adsense in the blog but haven't made a penny with this. I need your help and support to help me make some money to PAY MY Tuition Fees.

What you have to do is follow these simple steps

1.go to my blogger profile and visit my blog "Kwotz - Golden Words of Life"
2.Remain on the page i.e Kwotz for one minute or so and do some random surfing
3. click ONE of the ads that APPEALS to you from ADChoices boxes and visit there.
4.remain on that page for one minute or so and do some random surfing.
and that's it.


Note: Only ONE click is needed. If you don't wanna help then just visit my blog.
I will be grateful to you if you put my blog on your Blogroll.
I really need your help




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading