Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Haven't We Had This Conversation Before?


In the enlightened state of Arizona ...There is a bill floating around that would allow businesses to deny service to Gay people if they so choose...  based on , get this...the proprieter's religious beliefs...

Tell me...Do the idiots that draft these kind of bills get headaches when they think this stuff up??

In a move eerily reminiscent of Jim Crow laws of the past, the Republican-dominated Arizona legislature has passed a measure (SB 1062) that would allow businesses to deny service to customers who are gay.

  It now goes to Governor Jan Brewer, who has said she has not yet decided whether to sign it.

 She hasn't decided ? What is there to decide??...This is blatant discrimination... I'm not Gay...but even as a Hetero-sexual, I find this appalling...

It's shocking and appalling that in the year 2014 this is on the verge of becoming law. And it's shocking and appalling – though, sadly, not surprising – that nearly every Republican in Arizona's House and Senate voted in favor of it.

State-approved discrimination has no place in America, and we need to speak out against it.

I tell you, The Republican Party is becoming so ridiculous and so out of touch that I'm afraid in a few years they may become just a footnote in American politics...But I've said this at least two times before...

And I ask you again...Wasn't this matter settled??... Legal segregation...Why are we having THIS conversation again?

2 comments:

Arlene said...

So sorry cousin, this matter was not settled in the minds of some. Those who irrationally fear anyone different from them will always find some way to separate and hate. These people are using the One who lived for brotherhood of all mankind as the divider of humanity. Do they really think Christ would have refused to eat with gays? He ate with tax collectors!! In my mind, they're the greater problem (I'm still paying IRS for a mistake I made 6 years ago.) I was robbed a few weeks ago and I asked the thief if the $34 worth of coffee and tea stolen from me was worth eternity in hell? These Arizonans think they already know what HOT is. I know they're in for a surprise.

James Perkins said...

Apparently, They didn't get the memo in Arizona~!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading