Sunday, February 2, 2014

It's THAT Given Sunday Again!


It's THAT given Sunday again...Super Bowl Sunday...Who ya got? Me?  Nobody...I'm just going to watch a Football game...I don't have a dog in this fight... I suppose if I lived in Seattle or Denver I would..but I live in Philadelphia...and we haven't been to the Super Bowl...The big dance since 2001.

Of course I will be looking forward to the crazy commercials...I get a kick out of them...and little else...Not particularly fixing anything out of the ordinary...I may order pizza and I expect to have some family and friends over...but outside of that...Nothing...

I remember in 2001 when the Eagles, My Eagles squared off against the Patriots....I was actually at a Super Bowl Party....It was packed with friends and well wishes and  the food...Lawd..the food, Fried Chicken, Greens, Mac and Cheese, Candied Yams, Hoagies, Beer, Soda...You get the picture...

Those were heady times...But that was then...This is now...It is after all...a Football game....That's all it used to be...A football game...We have over commercialized it and damn near turned it into a Holiday!

We have the fire of the Seattle Seahawks’ defense, the NFL’s best, that’s fueled by the attitude of its vivacious and vociferous leader, Richard Sherman.

We have the ice of the Denver Broncos’ league-leading offense, which has adopted the quiet demeanor of quarterback Peyton Manning while stringing together spine-chilling performances.

And now these opposites will collide in the most highly anticipated Super Bowl we could have asked for...Or so it is said.

Who will win the battle between the quarterbacks?

Will Sherman keep the attention on his all-world cornerback play this time around?

And where will the rings ultimately be won?

All I know for sure is that this time tomorrow...We will know all of the Answers to these questions...

Stay tuned and Enjoy!

No comments:




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading