Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blizzard Blues


I suppose this is what you would call a mood piece... I'm just riffing about my current mood. Normally, I would write something like this as a status update on my Facebook page, but you know how I am on this blog. This is going to be way more than the 140 charactors they allow on a Facebook or Twitter status update (since I'm not on Twitter, I don't know what their equivelant is called).

As I write this, it's snowing and I'm aching. We got hit this past weekend with 28 inches of snow. Tonight, I understand that we are about to get hit with more (12-18 inches) snow. At work today, I was told to cancel a number of meetings that were scheduled to take place on Wednesday and Thursday. We were told to leave early today too. This means that there is a possibility that by the time you are reading this, I may be off from work, still at home, and still in my pajamas.

I also told you that I'm aching. I got that pesky tooth pulled (or extracted, as they say in dentist speak) last Thursday... the day before the first blizzard hit. I had to get stitches so I'm spending my days ingesting pain killers and eating soup and pudding and it's going to be that way for a while.

Optimist that I am though, I am making the best of it. I am, after all, writing this post and jumping back and forth to Facebook. I've got the company of my wife, good music (Sade, Maxwell, Alicia Keys, Mary J. Blige, Joe, and Robin Thicke), a refrigerator and cubbard full of food, and Cable TV. What more do I need? What I don't need is a power outage... that would fix me wouldn't it? No computer... no TV... then what? Well, I do have books and magazines I could read by candlelight. As long as my gas does get cut off, I can still fix some food (what little I can eat considering my painful mouth).

I don't really have the blues. I mean, I absolutely hate winter.... but, I'm a realist. I live on the East Coast and it is what it is... this is the nature of the beast. Winter, particularly bad winters like this one, help me to appreciate the beauty and splendor of spring and summer. I'm counting the days. Believe that (as 12Kyle can say). In the meanwhile, I'm making the best of a bad situation.

The weather outside is frightful
and the fire is so delightful.
And since there's no place to go,
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

If you live on the East Coast of the United States and are snowed in like we are, I hope you have a warm cozy place to lay your head and that you, like I, am making the best of the situation. Until next time...

18 comments:

James Perkins said...

Hahahaha,I like that you included
"Let it Snow" in this...Good post!

Toni said...

Sorry about your toothache, but I hope you enjoy being snowed in just the same.

Angie B. said...

Drink some warm chocolate, that will make you feel better Keith.

Samuel Bastion said...

You sound like you have what you need to survive this blizzard.

Jazzy said...

Love your taste in music fam!

Tate2 said...

You got music, food and your wife..
Sounds like a survival plan to me!lol

Swaggie said...

I got cold cuts and my wii...I think I'll make it!lol

Grover Tha Playboy said...

I think this bottle of Hennesey and some cool sounds like what you described will get me through the day.

Sean said...

Have been taking a break from the internet lately...Glad to see you're still over here doing your thing and over at the other blog.

Lisa said...

Hope your mouth feels better...but that not withstanding..you sound like you've got it covered!

Halo said...

You've got more than most to help you cope with this blizzard.

Vanessa said...

hang in there Keith,Spring is coming. lololol.

Captain Jack said...

I hate this dreadful weather too, but like you said...what are you going to do? Spring is on the way.

Brenda said...

Did that groundhog see his shadow?
lololol

Cheryl said...

Hope you enjoy being snowed in...If for no other reason, you get to sleep late! lolol.(And read and write blogs)

Sunflower said...

Let's Hope for an early,early spring!

Keith said...

@Sunflower- I am counting the days!
lololol.

♥ CG ♥ said...

This is a total drag....




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading