Monday, February 1, 2010

What I've Learned


1. The older you get, the more nostalgic you get.

2. I always said that I never wanted to have any regrets... I find now, that's just
impossible.

3. In my lifetime, I've found foolishness and meanness in all races... and I've also found
a lot of good and noble people in all races too!

4. My grandmother used to say... "I'm from Missouri, show me" everytime a politician got on television and made some outlandish promise. I thought she was just being overly cynical.
She used to tell me to live long enough and I would understand. I think I understand it
now.

5. My mother instilled in me that an honest days work, regardless of what it was, is always better than feeling sorry for yourself and doing nothing. This is probably why I've seldom been without money in my pockets since I was about 23 years old.

6. I still believe in America, its promise, and its potential in spite of everything I've seen to the contrary.

7. Never expect a thank you and never do anything to get a thank you... see how free you feel afterwords.

8. We are all confused by the fact that there is always a lack of time for this and a lack of time for that...

9. You always find yourself wishing at some point that you might have been a better example to your children, but that's just the cycle of life. Your parents probably felt the same way too.

10. Sitting on the boat of mediocrity makes you miss your opportunity. Get out that boat and swim!

17 comments:

Toni said...

I love these posts Keith! I always learn something!

Brenda said...

You never fail to give me something to think about!

Swaggie said...

Number Five and Number Seven are the truth!

Cheryl said...

Love Number Seven

James Perkins said...

Number One is true! You do get more nostalgic!

Samuel Bastion said...

Always Thought Provoking!

Lisa said...

#5, #7 and #9 are my faves!

Sunflower said...

I liked what your mother told you.
You Are probably right!

Jazzy said...

Thought provoking as usual Fam!

Captain Jack said...

Love the beginning of the month, for "What I've learned " Posts

Sean said...

Now you should collect all of these and make this a book brother!

Vanessa said...

I thought Nine was hillarious, and yet true!

Angie B. said...

Loved number four and number nine!

Halo said...

As usual, I got something out of all of these!

Tate 2 said...

I never can find time for half the things I need to be doing. You're right on about that!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Once again, a nice collection!

♥ CG ♥ said...

All true.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading