Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Ghost of Michael Jackson

If you listened, you could hear him.....Not the horribly incoherent voice on the tape that was played in a California courtroom yesterday that was purportedly a high Michael Jackson, recorded one month before his tragic , June 2009 death...but the real Michael Jackson....with the beautiful high pitched tenor....belting out a nice song...

As I watched a little bit of Dr. Conrad Murray's trial on television mind it often does now of days and I swear , I saw and heard Michael singing....and standing in the back of the courtroom, totally oblivious to the whole thing.

Michael Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray called the singer's personal assistant rather than an ambulance when he realized the "Thriller" star had stopped breathing on June 25, 2009, a Los Angeles court heard yesterday.

And after the superstar was pronounced dead hours later in hospital, Dr. Conrad Murray wanted to return to Jackson's house and find some cream that the singer "wouldn't want the world to know about," personal assistant Michael Williams testified.

Michael Williams was testifying for the prosecution about the chaotic morning of Jackson's death on the second day of Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial.

Prosecutors claim that Dr. Conrad Murray not only caused Michael Jackson's death by giving him the powerful anesthetic propofol as a sleep aid, but that he also failed to get timely medical assistance after finding Michael Jackson unresponsive at 11:56 a.m. on June 25, 2009.

Dr. Murray has admitted giving Michael propofol as a sleep aid. But his attorneys claim Michael Jackson gave himself an extra dose of the anesthetic, as well as other prescription drugs, and that that was what caused his sudden death. The good Doctor faces four years in prison if convicted.


On June 25, the call for an ambulance was not made until 12:20 p.m., when a security guard at the mansion, where Michael Jackson lay lifeless in his bedroom, dialed emergency services.

Prosecutors said Dr.Murray's first attempt to get help was at 12:12 p.m. when he called Michael Williams and left a message saying, "Call me right away."

Mr.Williams, who was at home, testified that he called Dr. Murray back at 12:15 p.m., and was told Jackson had suffered "a bad reaction."

"When I hear a 'bad reaction,' I wouldn't think anything fatal, personally, and I wasn't asked to call 911," Williams said. He said that Dr. Murray told him to get to Michael Jackson's mansion immediately and also to send up a security guard.

Mr.Williams testified that when he arrived at the Michael Jackson mansion, the ambulance was already there.

"It was real frantic. I got there when the gurney (carrying Jackson) was coming down" from the bedroom, Williams said.

Williams said that in the months before the death, it was normal for oxygen canisters to be kept at the mansion, and that Murray would take them to Michael Jackson's bedroom.

The assistant said that at the hospital where Jackson was later pronounced dead, Dr.Murray made a request that seemed strange.

"He said, ''There's some cream in Michael's room that he wouldn't want the world to know about,'' and he requested that I or someone would give him a ride back to the house, so that he could get the cream," said Williams.

Prosecutors have suggested that Murray probably wanted to return there to remove evidence of the drugs that he had given Michael Jackson before he died.

Earlier on Wednesday, a lawyer who drafted Murray's contract to provide medical services for Jackson said the doctor had assured her multiple times in the days before his death that the singer's health was good.

"Dr. Murray told me repeatedly that Michael Jackson was perfectly healthy, in excellent condition," Los Angeles attorney Kathy Jorrie said on the witness stand.

And so the sideshow begins...The sideshow that had surrounded Michael Jackson ever since he was introduced to the world on the Ed Sullivan show in 1969, when he (and I) were both 11 years old. This is just the opening salvos of a trial that could grow to be as controversial as the O.J. Simpson trial...and yet, despite the beginning drama of it all....if you listened.....if you looked real hard, you could see him....Singing a beautiful song...Moonwalking.....At peace now....oblivious of it all!


Big Mark 243 said...

I think that this won't become a sideshow as much as it will become a small vindication for his legacy, which is too bright for this to have dimmed it... and those who are fans of his... not to mention taking a burden off of his children...

Arlene said...

Keith, your writing is insightful. I'm a MJ fan when it comes to his dance music only. His personna always turned me off. His lifestyle, selection of wives, and the nature of how his children were conceived made me quezzy. I'm not surprised to learn he was in such emotional pain. I hope when this case is resolved his children can find some peace.

Don said...

Rather unfortunate incident, and I can only imagine the pain felt by Michael Jackson's family, friends, fans alike. I still cannot understand why Murray is on trial though for his death though. I believe negligence lies in the hands of Michael Jackson, as unpopular as my opinion might be.

Thinking, it's more of the District Attorney taking advantage of a high-profile case, I imagine.

Patients who die as a clear result of malpractice are turning over in their graves.


"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"

Click on image to enlarge for reading

Click on image to enlarge for reading

Click on image to enlarge for reading