Wednesday, July 31, 2013

From A Bloggers Perspective

The woman in the photo above is former News Anchor, Shea Allen....She and I have only one major thing in common...We both have blogs...Oh yeah and we are both American citizens,so that's two things...
She got fired from her job as a TV anchorwoman because of things she wrote on her blog.

I'm shaking my head in disbelief!!! Where is the first amendment???

I write three blogs...This one...A fiction and poetry blog called Escapades that can get pretty racy at times, though not all the time and a food blog called Good Foodie. Good Foodie is tame...But this blog and Escapades could get me fired if I worked for some companies and they discovered it!

I mean...I expouse my political views very raw in this blog...with no punches pulled and unapologetically...I believe that this is my first amendment right of free speech as an American citizen...Some companies don't feel that way.

On My blog ,Escapades...there is some slightly x-rated material from time to time...Some of my stories and poetry and art is decidedly erotic...I'm writing for an adult audience...Not children...Perhaps I'll put a disclaimer on that blog for future reference...

Here's what's got me in such a huff....A teasing TV reporter who told fans she goes bra-less on air has been fired for her candid confessions.


Shea Allen - who also revealed her best stories came from people who fancied her — was booted from WAAY in Huntsville, Ala., after posting a tell-all blog on Friday.

"I've gone bra-less during a live broadcast and no one was the wiser," she wrote underneath the "Confessions of a Red-Headed Reporter" headline.

"My best sources are the ones who secretly have a crush on me," she added.

The mom-of-one admitted that she hates positive news stories, is so scared of old people and refuses to report on the elderly, and she hinted at stealing people's mail.

It's all said on her blog... I'm guessing that like me...She writes her blog for enjoyment and relaxation...I doubt that she's getting paid any money for it.  For me it's a hobby....Just like Facebook and Twitter.


"I've mastered the ability to contort my body into a position that makes me appear much skinner [sic] in front of the camera than I actually am," she also detailed.

Her bosses at the ABC-affiliate failed to see the funny side and immediately ordered her to take the post down, according to Gawker.

Mrs.Allen, who has previously worked as anchor at the station, obliged. But after a few hours she decided to re-post the list and add "No Apologies" to the headline.

"This post was taken down because I was momentarily misguided about who I am and what I stand for," she added into the text.

It's a blog...It's her personal blog...What right does her bosses at ABC have to dictate to her what she can and can not put on her blog??

I once wanted my blogs to gain wide spread attention....Now, maybe I've changed my mind on that...I have a small fan base and perhaps it's best to keep it that way...The less people that know about your blog...the less intrusion.

 Defending her decision, Shea  Allen wrote: "It's funny, satirical and will likely offend some of the more conservative folks. But it isn't fake and its [sic] a genuine look into my slightly twisted psyche."


I totally defend her right to post whatever she wants on her private blog and not have to suffer any repercussions for it...

On Monday, however, she tweeted that her job had been "terminated without cause" as a result of the post.
WAAY TV has not yet commented on the incident. They won't...But they're wrong, they are as wrong as hell.

I'm not surprised that this took place in the enlightened state of Alabama.... Could have been any red state for that matter...And writing this post could get me fired in one of those states or in parts of this one...

Just shaking my damn head!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad! She was real bold in reposting what the station told her to originally remove. Now, that's funny.

BOP said...

A lot of employers are being intrusive now-a-days. Some ask for your Facebook password so they can "review" your stuff. I'm not surprised that her employer "reviewed" her blog but to be terminated over it? I agree with your stand.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading