Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What I've Learned (The Best Of The Year)


1. My grandson teaches me everyday how beautiful it is to learn something new and how we take the simple things like talking, walking, holding hands, and trusting someone for granted.

2. My uncle used to tell me, "If you're the smartest one in the group of friends you're with, you need to get new friends." He meant, always associate with people who can teach you something and enrich your life.

3. I talk to God quite often and I'm pretty sure I've given Him some of His best laughs.

4. A woman once told me, "I need a man like a fish needs a bicycle." She's since been married twice! It just goes to show that you can't always take everything somebody says seriously.

5. Live everyday as though it's your last because one day, you'll be right.

6. We want God, who none of us has ever seen, to forgive us... and yet, we can't forgive the people we actually see everyday for some real or imagined slight.

7. You can't influence what other people say or do to you, however, you can control how you respond to what they say or do.

8. Good guys don't always win but, determined and patient guys seldom lose!

9. I was so broke one time, I couldn't afford a Coke. I don't even drink soda anymore but, right now, I could buy a case of Coke if I wanted to. (How ya like me now?)

10. As a child I loved to sit at the end of a movie or a television show and read all of the credits. I had to know who was in it, who directed it, and who produced it. I was (and still am) the same way about music. I got to know all of the musicians, who wrote what song, who produced it, etc. One of my uncles asked me once if I was looking for a relative in the credits.-LOL :)

11. Never get romantically involved with anyone who has more issues than you do!

12. Never make someone else a priority who has chosen to make you an option.

13. Keep your wits about you when everybody else is losing theirs and you'll look like the coolest, most intelligent, and attractive cat in the room! (Even if you really aren't!)

14. If you gotta take a loss, don't lose the lesson. There is always one somewhere in all of that!

15. Prayer really does work!

In loving memory of two bloggers we lost this year... Nikki Harris and MacArthur "Daddy B Strong" Walton. The blogosphere was all the more richer because you two were here.

25 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a great list!
----

Never make someone else a priority who has chosen to make you an option.
LOVE THIS!

Arlene said...

Happy blog birthday, and many, many more. I love these what I learned lists. Some of the things you were taught I was also taught, but in some cases I had to learn on my own. When I look back I wish I'd been told that there are evil, bad people in the world who make the choice to be evil every day and on purpose. I thought everybody was good and that there were just a few "bad" people who if treated with affection and care could be made good. What a rude awakening to discover!
The BW is blessed to have such a learned Poppop!

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Good, insightful list.

I was just thinking of Nikki about a day or so ago. She is truly missed.

CareyCarey said...

You started this post on the right foot. Grandchildren have so much to offer. If we all could hold onto our child's heart.

After reading your list, the message I heard was "be grateful for what we have" and "stand on your word or shut the hell up"

BTW, it seems like we had a bet? I know it's about to be a new year and my brain is a little slow but I think someone owes me a post. I can't remember exactly what it was but I think it had something to do with the World Series. Lets see... who won the series?

Am just saying, old fly boys stick together and never make bets that their ass can't cover.... *wink* LMBAO!

Mizrepresent said...

Great Keith, as always!

12kyle said...

It's fitting that one of your dopest posts comes at the end of the year!

Angel said...

Thanks again for another list an another reminder on how life should be looked at. Happy New Year Keith x

Toni said...

Another Great Post Keith!

Angie B. said...

Kool List My Brother!

Sunflower said...

Great List ,Great Post...As always
Happy New Year Keith!

James Perkins said...

Wishing You and a Your Family a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Happy New year Keith!

Simon Bastion said...

Great List...Love these "What I've
Learned" Posts..

Lisa said...

Great List...Here's to more great
writing on both of your blogs next year..

Halo said...

Happy New Year to you and your Family Keith!

Vanessa said...

Happy and Joyous New Year to You Keith!

Cheryl said...

Numbers# 7, 11 & 12 were written especially for me right? lololol.

Brenda said...

Loved this post....Happy New year to you Keith,may God Bless you!

Jazzy said...

Always on the one Fam! Happy New year to you!

Swaggie said...

I'm with 12Kyle..This was the dopest post of the year Fam!

Tate2 said...

Great Post Keith, Keep on doin what you do in the new year!

Sean said...

You know what I always say...Just keep bangin bruh!

Captain Jack said...

Enjoy the new year and the new decade Keith!

Anonymous said...

Great List

Love the lesson your uncle taught you. I will take that moving into 2010.

Solomon said...

I love #3 Keith. "I talk to God ofen and I'm pretty sure I've given Him some of His best laughs." lmao on that one because I can so relate to it. I'm sure I've given him a few good laughs of my own.

Happy New Year Bro!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading