Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What I've Learned


1. It's easier for me to be me... I can't be anyone else any better.

2. I hate giving advice because people never take it.

3. I don't like getting advice because I rarely take it.

4. I would prefer if people had no impression of me. I'm never the same person on a given day as I was the day before.

5. A lot of guys get to be middle-aged and then they discover their romantic side.

6. Sometimes the power of laughter helps you get through a tragedy.

7. A birthday present (from anyone, I get so few) can still excite me even at my age!

8. A Christmas present (from a thoughtful person) can still excite me at my age!

9. Some of the worst people I've ever met in life were people that everybody loved, but didn't really know.

10. Prayer really does work!

20 comments:

Adrienne said...

Yes, prayer DOES work!

Arlene said...

Boy- what a wise man you have become! I thank God for your growing up and into a man who makes his family proud every day. Your wife, daughter, grandchildren, aunts, cousins and friends recognize your intelligence and wisdom! I love your writing!!!

Don said...

@ keith: Speak on it @ prayer. And it makes perfect sense. Advice has its moments.

Number 4 & 6 are the truth.

Loved the post.

@ adrienne: Hey Buddy!

Sunflower said...

I always love these posts Keith!

Toni said...

Heyy buddy, Missed a few days,but I see you're still on the job.

Angie B. said...

Number Four is The Truth!

Brenda said...

Love the "What I've Learned" posts.

Cheryl said...

Guys really have to wait until they are middle aged to find their romantic side...do tell?-lolololol.

Lisa said...

Number 9 sure hit home with me...
I have met some of the worst people, with bad attitudes in private ,who were loved in public.

Halo said...

Prayer does work!

Vanessa said...

I liked all of these Keith!

James Perkins said...

I liked this entire post, but number six was my favorite!

Simon Bastion said...

Great Post as usual!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

I found my romantic side when I was 17...That's why I'm a playa!-lololol.

Jazzy said...

Good Post Fam!

Captain Jack said...

So nice to see this post again.
Must be the first of the month!

Sean said...

I see you're still bangin it out!

Swaggie said...

Six and Nine are the truth family!

Tate2 said...

I feel the same way about giving and getting advice.

ShellyShell said...

I like when you do these! Prayer NEVER fails you! I love #1 and 6!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading