Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Is That A Promise (Or Are You Just Teasing Us)?


Rush Limbaugh claims he'll leave the country if health care reform passes, or so he claimed on his show yesterday. Check this out folks...

Caller: "If the health care bill passes, where would you go for health care yourself? And the second part of that is, what would happen to the doctors? Do they have to participate in the federal program or could they opt out of it? "

Limbaugh: "My guess is that even in Canada and even in the UK, doctors have opted out. And once they’ve opted out, they can’t see anybody, Medicare, Medicaid, or what will become the exchanges. They have to have a clientele of private patients that will pay them a retainer and it’ll be a very small practice. I don’t know if that’s been outlawed in the Senate bill. I don’t know. I’ll just tell you this, if this passes and it’s five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented, I am leaving the country. I’ll go to Costa Rica."

I am not even going to deal with his lies, half truths, and misconceptions about health care reform as proposed in the United States or socialized health care as practiced in Canada, Sweden, the U.K., and other enlightened nations. All I'm going to say is that news of him promising to leave the country and end his radio show is just one more reason I want health care reform to pass. Mental health is important too, you know. So Rush, if health care passes, get to steppin'. We will all be better off for it!

2 comments:

LadyLee said...

Oh he's not going anywhere... he's just blowing hot air! As usual!

Arlene said...

Bye, bye Rush. I'm with you, just hoping that he'll leave the US, although he didn't say he would stop broadcasting. (That's just our wish.) I went to DC yesterday to protest at the AHIP (healthcare lobbyist organization) meeting. We issued "warrants" for the heads of 5 health insurance companies. We were all "deputized" to make citizen arrests of those who devalue human life for their own profit and discriminate in coverage that literrally takes people's lives.
P.S. Did you know that the president of AETNA earns more than $24 million a year?? How is that possible when my premiums are supposed to pay for the medical services I need? The profit margin must be huge!!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading