Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What The Hell?


I don't know why the bad behavior of some people always gets to me. I mean, I hear other people's stories of how bad some people they deal with's behavior can be, but I suppose you don't actually believe it until you see it.

Saturday, I was at a car wash, the line was backed up ran and into the street. Then, this borish man decides that lines aren't for me. I'm going to cut in front of somebody and get my car washed because waiting in line is for those other people, not me. He cut in front of a woman who was in the car in front of mine. I screamed bloody murder and honked my horn. My wife got out of the car and walked up to his window to talk to him. She told him that there was only one lane and that he was cutting in front of people who had been waiting their turn to get their car washed. He ignored what she said, told her that there were two lanes, and that he was merging with the traffic. Complete fiction!

I got out of my car, stormed into the office, and informed the female manager that this guy was cutting in front of everyone. I told her that he said there were two lanes when it was clearly one lane and she agreed. He was standing right there so, I said to him... "God don't like ugly! You know you're wrong, man!" He looked into the horizon as though I wasn't there. He had already paid his money and his car was on a conveyor belt getting a wash and wax.

So finally, I decided to really put him on blast. I yelled out... "This man jumped in front of all of these people who have been waiting for a long time to get their car washed and that ain't right!" This caused two men and an elderly lady to start yelling at him. "Hey man, I saw you, you can't do that! What's up with you?" It was if no one was there. He turned, without saying a word to any of us, and walked out of the office. As he was walking out, the manager said to him... "Don't come back here again!" He smirked and kept walking. I ran after him but by the time I got outside, my wife informed me that his car was done so, he got in his car and pulled off. I was furious but there was nothing else left to do. He had displayed a total disregard for everyone else and got away with it. The injustice of the situation didn't set well with me.

Sunday night, I was watching the Oscars and some brother is getting an award for some short film that not only did I not see but never heard of. The next thing I know, while he is giving his speech, some woman named Elinor Burkett is running toward the stage. Another woman (who I found out later is the Oscar winner's mother) throws her cane out and trys to trip the woman but fails. The woman runs up on the stage, rudely cuts in, and starts talking all over the winner. A Kanye West moment! Can you believe this? Only in Hollywood! Nobody did anything and I'm sitting there incredulous!

There are just people in the world who are pigs. Rules, regulations, and proper decorum does not apply to them, that is for those other people. And, these boorish louts are the ones who will scream the loudest when someone has done something to them, but have no respect at all or empathy for anyone else. They only feel their own pain.

When I was a younger man, that boorish guy in the car wash would have gotten his tires flattened or a "damn good whacking". But as an adult, I don't roll like that anymore... it wouldn't have made me much better than him to react that way.

As for the woman at the Oscars, she is getting enough bad press and negative chatter on Facebook and Twitter that I suspect she'll be a lightweight celebrity within days... and that will serve her just right!

1 comment:

♥ CG ♥ said...

Yep, common manners are something very few people follow.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading