Saturday, December 24, 2011

Things I Like (and don't like ) about Christmas






LIKES-

1.Remembering that the greatest gift was the gift God gave to humanity, The messiah, Jesus Christ, whose true birth date may not be known ,but is commemorated during this season.

2.Reuniting with Family...My entire Family (Cousins, Uncles, Aunts, siblings, et al)always gets together around this time and has a huge dinner together.

3.Socializing with good friends....Beer and Pizza and Hot wings and lots of laughter and great conversation goes a long way.

4.Having a whole week off from work.   Everyone is not as fortunate to work where I work...but I must say that that is one of my place of employment's most endearing perks...

5. Watching Charlie Brown's Christmas and How the Grinch stole Christmas.....Still my favorite holiday fare.

6.The Food.....And so much of it.....(See my other blog Good Foodie today for a breakdown on what I'm having at my house...)

DISLIKES-

1. All of the politically correct people who insist on saying "Holiday" Party or Holiday this and that because they don't want to offend anybody.  Who is offended?  It's Christmas....a christian holiday....If you're not a christian...then this isn't your holiday... I'm not a Muslim...Ramadan isn't my holiday...I'm not offended.  I'm not a Jewish person... Haunakah is not my holiday...I'm not offended...Get my point.

2. Atheists ,who because they don't believe in God, want to trash the holiday and everybody else who may celebrate it...If you don't beleive..that's fine...but don't be a damn kill joy...Take your ass to work then...and don't accept any presents....

3. So called Christmas purists who decry how materialistic Christmas has gotten......Truth be told...They are too damn cheap to go out and buy a gift for somebody....and yet are the first to be wounded if no one gets a gift for them....Come off of it , you aren't fooling anyone.

4.People who use Christmas (or any holiday for that matter) as an excuse to get drunk and act a fool....

5.People who can't be nice just one day of the week...Their negative attitude and comments turn the family dinner table into a place of aileanation and hurt feelings...Here's some advice... Stay home...Wallow in your own negativity alone...don't poison my celebration with your nasty attitude and mannerisms and issues...There are trained therapists for that...but guess what...THEY ARE WITH THEIR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS ,GENIUS!!!

(Drops mike and leaves the podium!)

3 comments:

Mizrepresent said...

Nice list Keith! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

Merry Christmas Keith,look forward to another year of your thoughts.

blackmarymusic said...

We wish you and your family a healthy and prosperous 2012.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading