Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What I've Learned (The Best of 2011)



1. I was never the toughest kid on the block, but you can best believe that I was amongst the smartest!

2.My Father told me one thing and one thing only about going in a bar..."Only drink what you can afford." Good advice indeed now that I think of it.

3.The minute you settle for less than you deserve is the minute you get even less than you originally settled for.

4.Nobody gets out of life alive!

5.My Grandfather used to tell me that the Devil was on one shoulder and that there was an Angel on my other shoulder and that both of them was vying for my attention. I used to wonder sometimes why it seemed like the Devil was yelling louder in my one ear!

6.Feed your faith and all of your doubts will starve to death.

7.Men don't generally like to use the word closure...but eventually, you have to find closure with a lot of things in your life.

8.You can't have five wolves and one sheep deciding on what to have for dinner!

9.You can't always hold yourself to the expectations that you hold yourself to.

10.Find an activity that engulfs you so much that you lose track of all time and you've found what you should be doing most of the time!

11. I am perplexed by adults who act like children. Especially since most children want to be adults.

12. People with no sense of humor never get the joke.

5 comments:

James Perkins said...

Great quotes as usual!

Toni said...

I love your "What I've Learned" posts!

Lisa said...

Numbers 8 and 11 are my faves!

Jazzy said...

Number two is indeed the truth fam!

Captain Jack said...

Still givin it to the people I see..LOL!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading