Monday, January 30, 2012

Pointing A Finger

You know...I was just beginning to think that the African American population had gotten a bit too laxadasical politically, that nothing was firing them up and awakening them.   I mean, I didn't feel as though we as a people came out and voted like we could have in the 2010 mid term elections...to give the President a congress he could have worked with.

I didn't feel as though the blatant and racist dis-respect the man has been getting recently had fired anyone up. I mean, when a Senator yells out -"You Lie" on the floor of congress to the President of the United States...That was enough to get my blood boiling...but I didn't feel like anyone else was angry except me...

Then came, Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich with their obvious race-baiting statements in the southern  primaries and I began to hear and see a little bit of growing anger.... And then some nut from southern state asked the GOP house to pray for "Obama's death" and I began to see more and more Blacks on Twitter and Facebook begin to wake up and express their outrage at the blatant ,unhidden and unchecked racism now prevalent in the GOP....And then.....

Then.....we get Jan Brewer!!!!!

Her pointing her finger in the face of President Obama has fired up Black America more than anything I've written on this blog and more than anything else that has gone down in the past three years...I am shaking my head..Facebook and Twitter is full of people discussing this and talking about organizing and getting out a strong vote in the fall....Voter registration, Vote fraud protection...and education are now the topics of many....All I can do is shake my head and say ...Thank you Jan Brewer!!!! You'll never know how much I appreciate your act of disrespect!

1 comment:

Arlene said...

What cousin!?! A finger?!? Is that what it takes to get Black Americans to respond to the blatant racists attacks of this GOP?!? I read your blog everyday and know that you and the other readers are aware of the political nest these vipers live in. The lack of respect for this president is totally unacceptable. First, I don't think the GOP ever accepted the results of the '08 election. Senate and House leaders are doing all they can to prohibit any congressional action. And guess what?? We can see their lack of respect for the American PEOPLE, not just the president. The price will be paid come November when Mitt/Newt lose! But for that to happen, people must come out and VOTE! Part of what I do is voter registration. In the past 2 weeks I've met 6 people who had not voted since '08! That's a crime against humanity in my book! Perhaps Corbett and Toomey would not have won election if these few had just cast a vote.
Shout a little louder cousin! They don't hear you yet!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading