Monday, January 2, 2012

Reality Musings....

It's a new year...full of hopes and expectations .......I used to believe that the events of the first few days was a guide to how the entire year was going to go....I no longer believe that.  I believe what my grandfather used to tell me about how you make your own luck.

My grandmother always told me that there are two kinds of people ...People that things happen to and people that make things happen.  At one time or another I have been both....I know that things are going to happen to me that are going to be totally out of my control ..I also know that there are a lot of things that I have control over that I am going to take advantage of this year.

Does that sound like a resolution?  I hope not, because I've prided myself by not making any since 1990....(Okay, I did make some in 2008....) All I will say is that I will control the areas of my life that I can and I won't cry over spilled milk about the areas that I can't control...I try to do this every year...

I think people make resolutions in the first place because they are trying desperately to control the outcome of the year...They can't....They usually find out around March , that they can't even control themselves...They eat that extra doughnut....They decide that they are not going to exercise for the the third consecutive day and oh yeah, instead of saving money, they charge that card that is on the brink of it's limit...It's just who we are, what we do...

50 plus years have taught me that what will be, will be...You do what you can and all else is relative...So I'm sitting here in my underwear writing this blog post, not worried about the future....I'm going to live this day I have to live right now and deal with future days as they come...That's reality.




Music to contemplate the New Year by-

1 comment:

Mizrepresent said...

Amen to this! It will be wonderful year!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading