Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What I've Learned



1. What other people think about me is none of my business.

2.There is only one authentic version of me...and one day I'll finally know who that guy is.

3.Seems Like my entire life I've been battling my way out of a corner.

4.I never worry about getting older....I always ask 'what is the alternative?

5.I was in the military for 22 years...I had dog tags...I never wore em much...I always thought they were for ID...I think I had been retired for two years when somebody told me that they are to identify your corpse in case of death....I got a chill then...

6.I love practical jokes, especially if they aren't directed at me.  Guilty pleasure!

7. I've accidentally said many things I just shouldn't have said.

8.A wise man told me once that it's better to want what you need. So true.

9.It's not a bad thing that people forget....There are some things that it's good not to remember.

10. At the end of the day, a man doesn't want any surprises...just peace!

1 comment:

blujewel said...

Great post and good things to remember. I can't believe you never knew what dog tags were really for. That was one of the first things I learned when I enlisted.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading