Thursday, January 12, 2012

Who's an Angry Black Woman ? and The Myth of Post Racial America



I used to believe that jive about this being "Post Racial America"....Four years ago this nation elected it's first African-American President...something I didn't expect to see in my lifetime...


The Republican Party appointed it's first African-American National Chairman,Michael
Steele around the same time...I was proud of both men's achievements...I thought that our nation had actually turned a corner.


Then the honeymoon was over....The Tea Party, the personal attacks , likening him to a monkey, hateful calls to kill his family, questions about his birth, a southern senator calling him a liar on the house floor...and I could go on and on about the total disrespect given to this President....

The Republicans even ran Michael Steele out of the chairmanship. He was just window dressing anyway....We all knew it......Their front runner Herman Cain , another black man was scandalized mysteriously...
 Women...White women in particular just kept showing up! And you KNOW, America just aint havin THAT!
So bye Bye Mr. Front Runner...Big Daddy...Go sell some Pizza!

America, your bigotry is showing!!!   Now they are going after the first lady.... Unbelievable....

II-

First lady Michelle Obama is challenging assertions she's forcefully imposed her will on White House aides, saying she's tired of people portraying her as "some kind of angry black woman."

Mrs. Obama tells CBS News she hasn't read New York Times reporter Jodi Kantor's new book that characterizes her as a behind-the-scenes force in the Executive Mansion, whose strong views often draw her into conflict with President Barack Obama's top advisers.

"I never read these books," she told CBS's Gayle King in an interview broadcast Wednesday. "So I've just gotten in the habit of not reading other people's impressions of people."


In this book, Mrs. Obama is said to have occasionally bristled at some of the demands and constraints of life in the White House.

In the interview, Michelle Obama said, "I love this job. It has been a privilege from day one. "Now there are challenges," she added. "If there's any anxiety that I feel, it's because I want to make sure that my girls (Malia and Sasha) come out of this on the other end whole."

The book by Jodi Kantor portrays a White House where tensions developed between Michelle Obama and former White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel and former press secretary and presidential adviser Robert Gibbs.


The book, titled "The Obamas," describes Mrs. Obama as having gone through an evolution from struggle to fulfillment in her role at the White House, while labeling her an "unrecognized force" in pursuing the president's goals. Neither the president nor his wife agreed to be interviewed for the book.

"I do care deeply about my husband," Mrs. Obama said in the CBS appearance. "I am one of his biggest allies. I am one of his biggest confidants." But she sought to put aside "this notion that I sit in meetings."

"I guess it's just more interesting to imagine this conflicted situation here," she said. "That's been an image people have tried to paint of me since the day Barack announced, that I'm some kind of angry black woman."


"There will always be people who don't like me," Mrs. Obama added, and said she could live with that.

Mrs. Obama said that she's "just trying to be me, and I just hope that over time, that people get to know me."

Asked specifically about an assertion of dissension between herself and Emanuel, now the mayor of Chicago, the first lady said she has "never had a cross word" with him. The same, she said, applies to Gibbs, whom she described as "a good friend, and remains so."

"I'm sure we could go day to day and find things people wished they didn't say to each other," Mrs., Obama said. "And that's why I don't read these books. ... It's a game, in so many ways, that doesn't fit. Who can write about what I feel? What third person can tell me what I feel?"

Mrs. Obama said that when questions or conflicts arise involving her and the White House staff, her East Wing staff resolves the issue with her husband's staff in the West Wing.

"If there's communication that needs to happen, it's between staffs," she said. "I don't have conversations with my husband's staff."

This kind of crap, written in this book and on blogs and on the social networks comes with being a celebrity and in the spotlight...as I guess some of the other indignities....Most of the guilty parties will scream freedom of speech and the first amendment if you dare challenge them or say anything to them about it....but past Presidents and first ladies were given a lot more respect and treated with a lot more civility than this President and first lady. The only Presidential couple who came close to this venom was the Clintons and even they didn't get this type of personal and deep seated hatred aimed their way...They aren't Black.

I hate to keep pulling the race card...but there can be no other excuse for this ignorant and blatant disrespect of The President and now , the First Lady....Post Racial America..my ass..That's right ,I said it...

We aren't there yet...Not as a nation....The bigotry, the pure hatred and disregard for this man's office...The willingness of one political party to jeapordize the welfare of the entire nation to fulfill their one goal of getting this man out of office points to one thing and one thing only...RACISM!

I know there will be many who will dispute me......but it brings up a question someone asked me in 2008. I was asked -''Are you voting for Obama just because he's Black?" To which I replied- "Yes...Just like you're not voting for him because he's Black."

The person who asked me that question hasn't spoken to me since that day!

2 comments:

chele said...

Not only is America's bigotry showing, they aren't even trying to hide it. It's a disgrace. Whenever I hear the other side say things like, "We are taking America back", I think to myself, "From whom?"

Anonymous said...

It has been hell for black America ever since we been here!That is not going to change.Be strong keep doing what you are doing...love it!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading