Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday 7 - Seven Books I swear I'm gonna read this year



If you read my other blog Escapades, you know that I enjoy writing Short Stories and Fiction and that lately I've been writing a lot of mysteries...It's time that I study the master, Walter Mosley again so my first three books are going to be by him...Featuring his new private detective...Leonid McGill...


1. The Long Fall by Walter Mosley





it's been laying around my house since Christmas ,2009....Time to read it.


2.Known to Evil by Walter Mosley




The second Leonid McGill mystery...Got it as a birthday present last year and still haven't read it....Spending too much time Blogging and on Facebook and Twitter.


3. When The Thrill is Gone By Walter Mosley




Here he's written a third McGill mystery and I haven't even bought it....I never let a third Easy Rawlins mystery go un bought and un read...


I like erotica too and I have to read the queen of Black erotica...Zane.

4.The Hot Box by ZANE





This has been around my house since last summer.....I've read one chapter!


5.INCOGNEGRO  by Mat Johnson




Mat Johnson is a Philadelphian , who I believe lives in London now....I bought his first novel- "Drop" some years ago and really liked it...I'd love to read his new mystery.

6. Trading Dreams At Midnight by Diane Mckinney Whetstone




Another Philadelphian and I believe a one time co-worker of mine......I've got to read this book...I've read all of her other books and I've had this one sitting around here for the longest time..Longer than the others.


7. And Last  but certainly not least- Anything by my blogging buddy and sister from another mother-Mizrepresent-





I'm not going to put her government name out on my blog...but she is a many time published author and she has at least three novels I plan to read sometime this year...


So if you don't see posts on my blogs for a few days....I haven't quit or canceled my blogs...I'm just reading!

2 comments:

Mizrepresent said...

Hey Keith i LOVE your list. Like you i have been so busy with blogging, twitter, etc...that i haven't been reading. Walter Mosley is one of my most favorite authors. I studied him while trying to improve my skills. I'm gonna need to get this new series too! Thanks so much for including my books in your list!

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Hey there. Happy New Year.

I have had Walter Mosley's "Fortunate Son" for quite sometime. I think I'll join you.

Enjoy.

Love and peace,
Free spirit




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading