Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Love 4 Wifey




In all the drama of the past week, both in my personal life and in the nation in general, I nearly forgot that last Tuesday, June 3rd marked another personal milestone for me. I've been married for 19 years. I've known my spouse for twenty-something years (but, who's counting) and all of them were good. Not easy but, still good. They were growing years... we raised a daughter together, purchased a home together, and we are now watching our grandchild grow-up and develop together. The operative word here is "together".

Last night, I thought about how nice it is to just have someone to enjoy a nice, peaceful, and uninterrupted sleep with... that is definitely not something I would've considered during the 80's when I was out there trying to get my swerve on. But, by 1989 I was 31 years old and ready to "settle down"... although, not that much. It's funny what becomes important by the time you mature.

All of that to say, this is a toast to a wonderful woman, my wife Rosalyn. If not for her, I wouldn't know what a blog is and what you see here would be spelled wrong and devoid of all the nice graphics and photos. So, to my partner in crime and everything else, this is my way of saying I love you and thank you for everything.

19 years and counting... and, they said we'd never last. Guess we showed 'em, huh?

Black love is truly black wealth!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Luvy,

Thank you for this post and the past 19 years. It has been all I could have hoped for in a marriage and much, much more. I can't wait until September when I too, will join you in being 50 years old so, we can start growing old together... but, until then, I'm still 49 years young (smile).

HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY!!!

Wifey

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

BLACK LOVE!!! You already know how I feel about it...It’s AMAZING!!

Happy belated anniversary to you and yours, and to have found not only a friend, lover but a partner to toe the road with you 20 plus years that's a great thing!!

I can only aspire to!!

And I must say you both look like you about 31 now...Black don't crack!!

-OG

Mizrepresent said...

Awe bless you Keith and your wonderful wife! That is so special, believe me, it is!

In the words of Al Green "Let's stay together".

It's a beautiful thing, gives me hope!

ZACK said...

My little brother turns 19 in October. (He's the one that graduated HS last Saturday).

WOW! Congratulations. If you both want to do something for your 20th, let me know. And then tell me how it went. LOL!!!!

Shanita Waters said...

God bless you! That is so sweet, touching and encouraging. I pray that the Lord will bless you with many many more happy years together.
Happy Anniversary!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading