Sunday, June 29, 2008

One Of My Guilty Pleasures

I must admit that black erotica author, Zane, has been one of my guilty pleasures for years. I first remember a female acquaintance of mine passing around a book on a flight to Atlanta called "Addicted" several years back. It was about a young woman with a sex addiction that was brought on by years of abuse. I loved the book so, I bought it and some of her other books... "Nervous", "The Sex Chronicles", "The Sex Chronicles II: Goin' Buck Wild", and "Afterburn"... as soon as I got to the ATL and found a black book store. I've purchased several of her anthologies such as "Chocolate Flava" too.

For years, I thought that "Zane" just might be a man... (at least, that was the rumor going around) but, then she began writing for Essence magazine for awhile and I began hearing her in interviews on the radio. I was pleased to know that she was, in fact, a woman and she was a real person and not a group of writers going under one name. (That was another rumor floating around. Don'tcha just hate e-mail and internet rumors?)

Zane was on the radio this weekend promoting her latest anthologies... "Purple Panties" and "Honey Flava". I haven't read a novel or any book since February and she has always been great summer reading. I think I will stop by my favorite afrocentric bookstore and pick up my copies... I'll be the one in the long trench coat with the sunglasses on (smile)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Keith, Zane is one of my guilty
pleasures too. I've been a fan for
a while myself.

Anonymous said...

I love Zane, Thanks for the link
to her website.

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of Zane's writing...
didn't know she had a new book out,
thanks for the post.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading