Monday, July 26, 2010

A Midsummer Night's Kruise 2010












Once again, my wife and I went on my fraternity's boat ride or the "Midsummer Kappa Kruise", as it is more commonly known. We began our night at one of my favorite Thai restaraunts near my place of employment. (I'm a known "foodie" and I may start writing more about food and places I like to dine around town in the near future.) This place, which I'm not going to name at this time, has some of the tastiest Thai food in the city.

We had Corn Cakes and Cucumber Salad as our appetizers. My wife's main course was called the "Evil Jungle Princess", which was boldy spiced chicken, sauteed with a vegatable medley and exotic spices and herbs. I had the Thai Barbecue Chicken, which was a grilled half-chicken marinated in a special blend of spices and herbs and served with a sweet, tangy sauce with white rice. While we dined, I once again marvelled my wife and the members of this establishment with my knowledge of and usage of chopsticks!

Once we finished dining, we got back in the car and headed for the Penn's Landing area of the city, where the boat, aptly named the "Spirit of Philadelphia", was docked. I saw a lot of my fraternity brothers there from both the Philadelphia and Norristown Alumni chapters, as well as a few (but not as many as I would have liked) of the brothers I've met on Facebook. I will say that most of them and their dates were dressed in summer white. It was advertised as a "summer white" party, but you know how some people have to be different. (Just kidding!) There were a few people who were dressed in black.

The D.J. played a lot of "Classic R& B" from the 90's... I heard Mary J. Blige, Jodeci, Bell Biv Devoe, Boyz II Men, Babyface, Biggie, Pac, and Dru Hill. Of course, there is no party without line dancing, so and the "Electric Slide", "Booty Call", and the "Cuban Shuffle" were played prominantly.

This crowd didn't need to get liquored-up to begin partying. They started dancing (and I mean filling up the dance floor) before the boat left the dock. It was a nice friendly crowd and a beautiful night too. My wife and I sat up on the top deck for a while and caught a nice breeze, as well as a great view of the Philly and Camden skylines. A good time was had by all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like loads of fun was had. Yeah there are always those folks who wanna stand out. lol

Don said...

Looks and sounds like a good time was had by all. Everything from the food to the music (love the 90s) to the sentiment of brotherhood being expressed by the fraternity. That has always struck me as being the great thing about joining a frat - the lifelong friendships.

Too funny @ showing up to a white party dressed in black.

Gotta love my people.

♥ CG ♥ said...

Now that's my type of partay!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading