Tuesday, September 2, 2008

140 Days


As of this writing, George W. Bush has about 140 days left in office. It's no secret that I'm not a fan of his presidency and, in fact, I have been known to say at one time or another that I feel he's been the worst president (bar none) in the history of the United States. I, personally, feel that he didn't really win the first election in 2000 and that it was "given to him" as a late Christmas gift by his brother (good ol' Jeb Bush) in Florida and The Supreme Court. I felt that everyone who voted for him in 2004 simply because he's "a guy I would like to have a beer with", were the biggest jack asses in history too.

We are still in a war that he declared over in the summer of 2003 when he said, "Mission Accomplished." Forgive me if I'm wrong but usually when you say mission accomplished, doesn't it mean that the mission is over? Well, it's been five years and 4,000 men and women have lost their lives and the "mission" (as it was) is still not accomplished. Did anyone ever find even one weapon of mass destruction over there?

We are now fighting another war in Afghanistan that I believe would have been long over if we had not entered Iraq. Osama Bin Laden, the alleged mastermind behind 911, is still on the FBI's 10 most wanted list and still, according to the tapes, running Al Queda. We have alienated most of our allies in Europe (and elsewhere in the world) thanks to his administration and we have managed to make some new enemies along the way in Latin America. This is great foreign policy, I tell you... and to think, you have people worried about Obama's "lack of foreign policy experience?" Really? In light of what? This?

On the homefront, we have lost the Twin Towers in New York City. The Bush Administration was warned about an imminent attack in the summer of 2001 by both German Intelligence and Israeli intelligence yet, they did nothing... until, of course, AFTER September 11th. And, don't get me started on Hurricane Katrina and how once again, all this guy did was hook-up his well connected friends at Fema. At this very moment, we are now faced with Hurricane Gustave and I don't know what, if anything, Bush and his administration plans to do about it. Are we going to lose New Orleans again? Stay tuned...

They say this man has only 140 days left in office... those 140 days can't end soon enough. Can he and his "administration" screw anything else up within that time? For the sake of this country, I sure hope not!

6 comments:

LadyLee said...

Well, I'm like the audience at the Apollo, yelling for the Sand man to come get him. His time is up.

Keith, everyone is screaming about experience. But look at our current president! I hate to say it, but I've been embarrassed by him at times. And when I saw Colin Powell exit stage left... I knew things weren't on the up and up... Powell was GHOST.

Humph... hope this 140 days goes by QUICK! I am ready for this election to be OVER!!

Keith said...

@ladylee -Me too-lololol

Anonymous said...

Hi, My first time on this blog...
Love the way you think sir.
Just checked out your other blog too..Will be back often...(smile)

Anonymous said...

You was runnin it down my man..

♥ CG ♥ said...

LOL. Not a minute too soon. Now, if we can get the Vietamese to take McINeedACane back we'll be all set. Let the countdown begin!

kit von b. said...

i'll just be so glad when obama is our prez.

-KB




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading