Sunday, September 7, 2008

She's Not 49 Anymore!

Celebrating 50 Years!

On September 4th my wife, Rosalyn, finally joined me and turned the corner of being 50 years old. I turned that corner on March 24th and, over the past several months, she has never missed an opportunity to jokingly remind me that she was only 49 years old... but, would always follow it up by saying that she couldn't wait to join me so we could officially begin "growing old together".

We decided to hold off on the birthday celebration until the weekend and unfortunately, Hurricane Hanna pretty much made up our minds that it would have to be Sunday because she dropped a ton of rain on Philly all during the day on Saturday. So, after church today, we had a delicious meal at the "California Pizza Kitchen", the same place I celebrated my birthday. (For the benefit of those who didn't know me then, click here to see the photos). Our grandson has a cold right now and wasn't the usual life of the party that we have come to expect but, he was a little trooper and managed to get through the meal just fine.

Our kind waiter took the photos while we all enjoyed the birthday meal... I should have taken his name so that he could be credited as the guest photographer. My wife usually takes most of the family photos that appear on this blog (and my daughter has contributed some from time to time too). She assisted me with the initial set-up for this blog and works behind the scenes as my "post editor" and "spell checker". She is also the one who searches for just the right image or graphic to compliment my posts.

Anyway, for all that she does for this blog and in the lives of this family in general, this one's for her... Love, Keith (Tasha and The Booga Wooga too!)




13 comments:

The Dreamy One said...

Singing "Happy Birthday To Ya"

Tell your beautiful wife that song was for her!!!

She is lovely Keith!! Look at that smile. You are blessed to have them in your life!!!

Glad your weekend was wonderful despite the rain!!!

The F_Uitlist said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Well Keith in her defense, she will always be younger. As far as her joining you, you may as well be 51 in her eyes. HAHAHA (I have this same fight with Mr.F-it).

And the rain was a hot mess here as well.

LadyLee said...

HaPPy BiRThDaY, Rosalyn!

And many many More!!!

Dione said...

Well hey there mnow! A birthday celebration!! What a beautiful family. Continued blessings to you and yours.
*Singing Stevie Wonder's version of Happy Birthday to you, Happy BIrthday to you, Happy Biiiirrrthday...*

Keith said...

Thanks everyone for the love and birthday wishes!

"The Booga Wooga" said...

Yes, and Grammy sent me to say "thank you" too! She's not a big-time Blogger like me and Pop-Pop, you know (smile).

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rosalyn. Pretty smile.

Me said...

Thank you for welcoming me into the blogging world! I think it is beautiful that you openly show love towards your wife and put that into the universe. My hubby and I look forward to being together in our 50s,60s,70s and beyond! Thank you for showing us young pups how do to it!

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

I hope you guys had a good time!! A one of my friends here at work hit the big 5-0 on 9/4 too!!

Happy Birthday to the one who really keeps the blog going!! Go Co-blogger!! *lol*

-OG

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rosalyn...Keith,you
have a lovely family.

Don said...

Happy Belated.

Can you imagine how much I would give to be able to seoak the samem sentiments fourteen years from now? As long as I'm inspired by the fact that 'it can and does last,' then I just might be able to.

Mizrepresent said...

HAppy birthday to you and your wife...let me tell you...you guys give me hope, really... i am so looking, waiting for that man that will be in my life to death do we part...i know it's gonna happen Keith, but keep me motivated luv, keep me believing that the dream didn't just die!

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say "thank you" to everyone for your kind words and birthday wishes (smile).




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading