Saturday, September 6, 2008

Music & Movies Notes


What I'm gonna be listening to...


1. "The Way I See It" by Raphael Saddiq

(I've been a fan since he was in Toni, Tony, Tone. This is his most ambitious solo project yet. A retro Motown and Stax grooveathon that features Stevie Wonder and an assortment of other guest musicians. Yes that's right... live musicians. Today that's the exception... it once was the rule.)

2. "Fearless" by Jazmine Sullivan

(Well, regular readers of this blog know that I'm loving Jazmine Sullivan right about now. From the Lauryn Hill like "Need You Bad" to my favorite "Bust Your Windows"... got it right that time, EB... to a new cut I heard called "Lions, Tigers & Bears". It doesn't get any better than this.)

3. "Something Else" by Robin Thicke

(I'll buy this based on the single "Magic " alone. It reminds me of something I might have rocked to in the 70's.)

4. "Love & Life" by Eric Benet

(Anybody that was married to Halle Berry must have been a hell of a singer, got to love him.)

5. George Clinton & His Gangstas of Love

(Who doesn't love P-Funk? Hip-Hop is the bastard stepchild of The Funk... This is a covers CD. I usually don't buy covers CDs but, George Clinton has lined up Sly Stone, Carlos Santana, El Debarge, and Bootsy Collins! It's just too many icons there for me to ignore.)


Movies I Need To See...


1. Dark Knight

(No, I know I'm the only one on the planet who has not seen this movie...I'm going to get to it!)

2. The Family That Preys

(Support black cinema... nuff said.)

3.Tropic Thunder

(Yeah, yeah... I know I blogged about this earlier and I know that I'm not too cool with seeing white actors in blackface but, some of my BLACK friends tell me that it's very funny and not what I think it is so, they've asked me to have an open mind about it. Okay, so I will already.)

4. Traitor

(Got to see anything with my man, Don Cheadle, in it... he's the truth.)

5. Burn After Reading

(George Clooney, Brad Pitt, and an all star cast... looks like they are having the time of their lives. A fun movie for unfun times.)


That's all I got!

SmileyCentral.com

4 comments:

♥ CG ♥ said...

Hope you're enjoying your weekend, Keith! Traitor was pretty good. A few folks complained about the end but I think it left room for a sequel.

LadyLee said...

Goodness gracious alive, Keith... you put a good amount of music here that I need to check out. Glad for that.

I too haven't seen Dark Knight. I will be seeing The Family that Preys on the opening weekend, that's for sure.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i see u gone be jamming - be safe folk

Strongblkwmn said...

Traitor was good. I love Don Cheadle. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

I'm always a little leery of Tyler Perry movies. You never know what you're going to get. Honestly, i've only really liked one of his movies a lot and that was Why Did I Get Married.

Love all the music you mentioned.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading